DBA - Middleware Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Core Engineering
provides global thought leadership, solution development, delivery and support for a broad suite of technology products and services at Goldman Sachs. It leverages global expertise to develop leading-edge technology solutions that meet business demands and differentiate the firm's technology offerings in the marketplace. Core Engineering enables the operation of the firm by managing an extensive compute platform and global communication networks, while addressing technology, compliance and reputational risk and resilience. Role Overview
The candidate should have a background in database administration and able to handle task independently or with minimum supervision. Able to work with development groups to provide wide range of database services such as query tuning and optimization, troubleshooting database issues, performance tuning to meet application needs. Coordination with global teams to ensure policies, procedures and projects are in line with global strategy and able to formulate new policies and procedures. Participate in POC and developing various engineering solution. Also willing to participate in weekend on-call to support the regional database environment. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS How will you fulfill your potential
- Installation, configuration, upgrade and ongoing maintenance (including DR) of the environment Strategic engagement with application development teams to provide timely end-to-end delivery of appropriate platform solutions.
- Interface with application and development community to analyze and resolve escalations
- Continually evaluate the operation of the environment and assist in optimizing the delivery of the products to clients
- Provide technical guidance on established infrastructure best practices to IT community and business.
- Partner with engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied to solve business problems.
- Responsible for reduction in operational overhead by building automated / self-service tools using both scripting and high level programming languages
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- 6+ years of DBA experience
- Advanced database administration skills with SAP Sybase ASE and Oracle
- Advanced skills in troubleshooting, performance & tuning, DB modelling
- Experience in MongoDB/MSSQL is a big plus
- Strong communication - ability to articulate thoughts clearly and influence
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, ie Python, Perl, Shell
- Working knowledge of the Unix/Linux Operating systems
- Strong ability to work as part of a global team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity