About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Credit Analyst (CA) would be primarily responsible for managing the Credit risk associated with the portfolio and ensuring high quality of the portfolio.
- Closely work with the RM from the origination & play a vital role in deal structuring to add good value from a credit / policy perspective.
- Work as a team with the Relationship Manager (RM) and Client Coverage Manager (CCM) on a specified portfolio and facilitate revenue growth in the portfolio.
- Interact with the client, gather deal requirements, financial statements and other inputs for performing quality analysis and due diligence.
- Work with RM and product partners in structuring credit solutions for the clients and ensuring the appropriateness of the products.
- Work with the RM in:
- Obtaining all pre clearances like ER negativity, segmentation, etc;
- Preparing & presenting work-shopping note; and
- Expediting approvals.
- Responsible for end-to-end BCA process including preparing all the tools like Odyssey, Scorecard, etc, in-depth analysis of various risks, quality presentation and ensuring fast credit approval.
- Liaise with Credit / GAM / RAM / FAM on BCA and other credit issues and ensure quick turnaround on queries.
- Ensure compliance of all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies e.g. preparing the Country Portfolio Standard checklist, Temasek check, other special reporting requirements, etc.
- Evaluate the environmental and social risks for the client using the Environmental and Social Risk Assessment Tool (ESRAT).
- Work with RM to calculate and monitor overall RoRWA at account level.
- Coordinate and prepare for GCC meetings.
- Liaise with GAM Credit for limit approval / allocation.
- Market, industry & client research (ROC Searches, annual statements, credit rating etc).
- Reference check / market check - buyers, suppliers, competitors & lenders & to be documented by way of call report / file note.
- Legal & compliance liaising and preparing term sheets for lending products.
Post Deal Acc o unt Monitoring
- Monitor quality of the portfolio by tracking weekly excess / past dues and strictly complying with ASTAR / EAR process.
- Ensure timely submission of quality Quarterly Credit Reports.
- Monitor risk triggers, covenants and other credit conditions and report appropriately.
- Ensure zero BCA over dues.
- Work with RM and CCM to ensure the proper maintenance of credit files and ensuring audit readiness at any time.
- Work with RM and CCM to follow up audit issues.
- Attend EAR / MTM calls along with the RMs.
- In partnership with the RM, ensure timely identification of accounts to be put in EAR as per the bank's policies and guidelines.
- Preparing the Initial Downgrade Report (IDR) for transferring accounts to GSAM.
- Prepare timely stress tests wherever required
- Prepare specific industry study
- Prepare credit opinion reports wherever required.
- Effective use of Creditmate & CRM
- In partnership with the RM, approve the LTP request as per the bank's policy (FI specific)
- Prepare summary sheets for FIR (FI specific)
- Prepare intergroup limit application (FI specific)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .