- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Country Tax Manager
- Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Country Tax ManagerAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Scope of Role:
- To be responsible for overall China tax planning and compliance affairs.
- To manage tax risks through all applicable group and country policies by serving as Tax Risk Owner
- To achieve effective and efficient tax operational process
- To develop the tax team who live with SCB values
- To minimize effective tax rate and above line taxes on sustainable basis
- To provide effective and efficient tax advisory service to business and other stakeholders
- To formulate tax strategies to improve the Group's tax position in China,
- To streamline the tax operational process across the country
- To take full ownership for tax compliance, tax provision calculations and tax reporting accuracy
- To manage the tax risks as tax risk owner by executing second line risk ownership responsibilities as outlined but not limited to below:
- To identify tax risk process owner
- To ensure that required control standards are met, by continuous monitoring of tax risk and control indicators
- To highlight and report where control standards are not being met, including control design deficiencies or gaps to group Risk Owners
- To challenge and approve first line risk identification, residual risk assessment and mitigation plan, taking into account changes to the internal and/or external environment
- To review challenge and support Risk Acceptance Requests made by relevant Process Owners for submission to the authorized risk acceptance authority
- To monitor 'live' risks and jointly with first line owners and ensure that appropriate management action is being taken to mitigate the impact
- To develop and cultivate good relationship with respective tax authorities and other external stakeholders.
- To identify tax planning opportunities and implement feasible tax saving projects
- To promote general tax awareness training to branch finance people and other stakeholders ;
- To manage tax audit in China
- CPA or MNC experience in finance and tax areas
- Good research and analytical skills, able to present results logically and concisely;
- Good negotiation and presentation skills;
- Ability to assess business considerations versus tax considerations; and
- Ability to assess whether tax-based transactions are acceptable from a tax point of view or will create reputational issues for the Group.
- Good management and administrative skills;
- Knowledge of the banking industry, including sophisticated bank products and services
- Language skills - fluent in Mandarin & English, able to conduct negotiation and presentation in both languages
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.