Contributions Account Manager - Global Data Content & Acquisition Business Management, Shanghai
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we're all about capturing, analyzing and enriching data that our customers depend on.
The Contributions Client Service team is on the front line. We work hard to support and grow the preeminent platform for thousands of data contributors to deliver their over-the-counter prices, research and alternative data to hundreds of thousands of customers around the globe. Our diverse global team of account managers, data analysts, product managers and data engineers collaborate with teams across Bloomberg to grow and improve our content and our business. What's the role?
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Contributions Account Manager, based in our Shanghai office. We are seeking a unique professional who has a mixture of analytical and project management skills, with an ability to bring an entrepreneurial perspective to our Client Service team. You will need to build strong relationships with financial institutions to gain a deep understanding of the technology they use, their goals and challenges. These insights will ultimately drive your strategy for these accounts and help us offer outstanding service. You will also need to align with our regional product managers and content specialists to help deliver our global objectives for these accounts. You'll need to have:
What's in it for you?
- Fluency in English & Mandarin
- Ability to identify, define and deliver on major account strategies
- Ability to build strong relationships with our clients to help them maintain and expand their content on Bloomberg
- Ability to gather, normalize and analyze data to influence and drive strategic decisions for your accounts
- Ability to thrive in an ever changing environment
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills
- Keen interest in financial markets
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
We'd love to see:
- Opportunity to work closely with all levels of major institutions within the financial industry
- Work with a global team of motivated account managers, technical specialists, content specialists and product managers
- Develop your own ideas and strategies for your markets
- Potential to develop your career in our global organization
If this sounds like you:
- Basic understanding of network infrastructure; FIX protocols
- Proficiency in another Asian language
- Experience in data analytics tools; SQL, Python, business intelligence tools or similar
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: https://www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.