Compliance, IBD Compliance, Associate, Shanghai
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB GLOBAL COMPLIANCE
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
As an integral part of the Goldman Sachs Gao Hua Compliance team and the broader Asia Pacific IBD Compliance team, you will work in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment with other Compliance team members and other Goldman Sachs departments, including Legal and Internal Audit, Conflicts Resolution, Finance, Human Capital Management, Engineering and Operations, to address an array of business, legal and regulatory matters encountered by the Investment Banking Division across the Asia Pacific region. The Investment Banking Division comprises industry and product groups that focus on leading and innovative financing (debt and equity), M&A and derivatives transactions as well as financial advisory assignments. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR Basic Qualifications
- Controls/Surveillance. Create controls and surveillances to verify adherence to laws, regulations and firm policies and procedures. Assess and determine how to mitigate risk to the firm by analyzing transactional processes used in the Investment Banking Division and reviewing the activities and actions of individual bankers.
- Testing/Monitoring. Test and monitor controls, surveillances and procedures to assess effectiveness in ensuring adherence to laws, regulations and firm policies and procedures.
- Prepare and deliver live and online training to the Investment Banking population on divisional policies and procedures.
- Policies and Procedures. Ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place for the Investment Banking Division. Drive completion of updates and the creation of new policies in response to regulatory drivers, external factors and business changes while working closely with Legal and business personnel.
- Provide advice in real time to the Investment Banking Division on compliance, regulatory, policy and reputational issues, as well as on new business initiatives and significant business changes affecting the firm.
- Regulatory Matters. Assist the Investment Banking Division and Legal in responding to regulatory inquiries, investigations and inspections.
- Bachelor's degree in law, finance or accounting.
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience.
- Experience in China regulatory matters required.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin (speaking, reading and writing).
- Strong analytical, research and fact-gathering skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly organized, accurate and detail-oriented with sound judgment and integrity.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to multi-task effectively while adapting to new situations and a dynamic work environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter with an ability to work independently, but can still be a strong team player with a positive, "can do" attitude who enjoys working collaboratively.
- Quick learner who can adapt well to a fluid regulatory and business environment.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Compliance or legal role at an investment bank, securities company or a law firm.
- Experience in working with regulators.
- Experience with Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets, M&A, Derivatives and/or Structured Products transactions.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity