Due to continued growth we are seeking an additional Trade Operator to ensure smooth and efficient trade of physical stock and issuing of contracts. You will used to working in a fast paced environment and familiar with dealing with multiple release and transfer of cargo.
Since its inception in 1987, the Susquehanna International Group of Companies (SIG) has grown from a trading firm on the Philadelphia Stock Exchange to one of the largest privately held financial institutions in the world. With more than 2,000 employees worldwide, SIG sits at the helm of the latest trends and developments in trading and market making, institutional sales, research, private equity, venture capital, and investment banking. SIG has offices across North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
We are seeking an additional Trade Operator to join the growing Shanghai office. In this role, you will be responsible for the following but not limited to:
- Updating & reconciliation trades, positions, cash, prices, PnL etc. on daily basis in trading systems.
- Overseeing cash management and daily margin processes.
- Reviewing / releasing PnL to internal business group.
- Ensuring that trading systems are utilizing reconciled information and that all operational procedures and risk controls are set.
- Coordinating various processes and guidelines with the Operations, Accounting, Legal and Compliance team.
- Supporting business initiatives such as onboarding new vendors / counterparties, and trading new products.
- Performing vital front office functions and participating in projects.
- Ad hoc administrative tasks.
Physical goods trading:
- Onshore and offshore trade execution, responsible for all aspects of the trading lifecycle, includes contract signing, coordinating with accounting team for billing and cash monitoring, coordinating with warehouse vendors for title transfer.
- Managing inventory, includes checking storage fee, tracking invoice, and verifying cargo status with warehouse vendors. Month-end reconciliation with accounting, middle office and back office.
- Liaising with freight forwarders, China Customs for import.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Finance/Accounting/International Trade
- Minimum 3-year of operations experience in base metal /commodity trading industry (other products will be a plus)
- Experience in physical goods trading onshore, offshore and bonded zone.
- Excellent communication skill with exceptional attention to details, and a keen learner
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in addition to daily work
- Proficient in written and spoken English, and Mandarin
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate. We think it’s important to take your skills and experience into account when determining compensation.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Susquehanna.