China Technology Lead, Asia Pacific Technology
Who we are:
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise
Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
BNY Mellon Technology's mission is to provide our business partners with technology-based solutions that enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions maintained on a stable and secure infrastructure, and to provide our employees with the tools and means to enhance their professional qualifications and careers. What we do:
The Country Technology Lead works as an integral part of the Asia Pacific Technology team acting as the Technology escalation contact for the branch ensuring service availability, managing technology risks and providing excellent end user experience. Working in close partnership with the businesses and the regional and global Technology teams. Have a broad understanding of enterprise technologies, from end user services through to infrastructure platforms. Able to constructively converse with subject matter experts in these areas. The successful candidate will:
Qualifications Experience & Qualifications:
- Manage and resolve Country technology related escalations focused on delivering consistent customer satisfaction and responsiveness.
- Participates in regular meetings with various Business Units in China to discuss the status of services and to ensure all agreed SLAs and reporting requirements are met.
- Serve as onsite point of contact for implementing the Technology Control Framework at the branch level.
- Technology representative on behalf of the branch for Compliance and Regulatory engagement supporting internal/external audits, reviews, reporting submissions, assessments, requirements and readiness.
- Technology representative for China in the Technology Advisory Group and China Oversight Committee meetings.
- Act as the Technology point of contact for robust technology risk and control support and engagement activities on technical incidents / risk / controls matters with the aim of reducing risk and increasing resiliency in operational processes.
- Identify technology risk (e.g. End of Life) proactively and addresses through a structured delivery plan along with the regional service owners.
- Hands-on end user support when required, ensuring that issues and technology requests are identified, acknowledged and resolved effectively.
- Act as a subject matter escalation point for all workspace technology functions in the country.
- Works closely with the Cyber Technology Operations Center (CTOC) to ensure any business impacting issues are escalated and managed promptly in order to minimize the impact on service quality.
- Coordinate with various Business Units in China and Enterprise Resiliency Office during major incidents to effectively identify and assess business impact.
- Smart hands support as and when required.
- Responsible for business / stakeholder engagement and communication for all major incidents in APAC together with the other country leads.
- Responsible for raising Business Impact records for each major incident impacting APAC.
- Determines gaps and improvement areas for a major incident impacting China and provides inputs to the Problem Management team as part of RCA.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 10+ years of technical and management experience required
- Proficiency in English and Chinese is a must
- Hands-on project delivery experience in MS365 and Win 10 is an advantage
- A self-motivator who has solid track record of local and regional delivery in a global organization
- Prior experience in dealing with Compliance and China Regulators on technical incidents / risk / controls matters is an advantage
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is an advantage
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Confidence to respectfully challenge stakeholders
- Ability to quickly adopt to quick changes and to summarize complex technology issue
Information Technology Internal Jobcode:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: