Manage counterparty credit risk in relation to Trafigura’s core business of the trading of bulk commodities & energy products and to make well-argued recommendations (in English) for internal credit limit approval. Depending on the experience of the candidate, this role may incorporate approval delegation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 5 years’ credit analysis experience from financial institution(s). Ideally, knowledge of commodities, trade finance, portfolio management and recovery is highly preferred.
- Candidate with solid experience and required knowledge could be considered as Senior Credit Analyst.
- Degree-level education in a business, finance, accounting or numerate discipline (MBA highly preferred).
- Strong command of spoken and written English and Mandarin, meticulous and the ability to travel throughout China frequently to visit counterparties.
- Good understanding of the economic, political and business environment of China.
- The ability to work very independently and reliably with minimal supervision; a strong and capable self-starter
- Mature individual with an ability to assimilate large amounts of information, formulate clear views and opinions, and make presentations to senior management concisely and confidently.
- Personal characteristics: a solid commercial view – a team player – driven and ambitious – hard-working and flexible. Able to take and handle responsibility. Resilient and enthusiastic. Confident and effective communicator.
- Legal knowledge / recovery experience / understanding
- Responsible for end-to-end credit process including preparing all the tools like financial spread-sheet, Scorecard, etc, in-depth & objective analysis of various risks, quality presentation and ensuring fast credit approval.
- As liaison amongst Trader / Operations / Credit on credit request or other credit issues and ensure quick turnaround on queries.
- To conduct market, industry & client research (ROC Searches, annual statements, credit rating etc) &/or attend to ad-hoc assignment from time to time.
- Hands-on monitoring of China portfolio. Monitor quality of the portfolio by tracking weekly excess / past dues, Risk Triggers, Covenants and other credit conditions ensuring compliance to policy.
- To flag potential delinquent counterparties with appropriate action being proposed to Credit Manager / Senior Management.
- To assist Credit Manager in managing, structuring and recovery of delinquent counterparties.
- Ensure timely submission of quality routine& ad-hoc reports.
- To ensure proper maintenance of credit database and ensuring audit readiness at any time.
- internal: Traders, Operations Staff, Treasury, Structured Trade Finance, Legal
- External: Credit Insurance providers, external legal counsel.
- In-depth credit appraisal, financial analysis skills & portfolio management;
- Good research abilities;
- Good understanding of the economic, political and business environment of PRC; and
- A good understanding of PRC Security Laws, Pledge and Mortgage Registration Rules