China Equity Trader
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
We are seeking to hire an Equity trader to execute orders from portfolio managers and analysts across our China book of business, to include cash and derivatives. This is an execution role, but there is significant opportunity and expectation to add value to client portfolios through collaboration with portfolio managers and analysts.
This position is based in Shanghai and will be working collaboratively with our global trading teams located in Boston, London, and Hong Kong.
Wellington Management's trading philosophy and practices are based on the principles of seeking best execution, contributing to portfolio alpha, and managing regulatory, operational, liquidity and investment risks. We seek to execute orders in a manner consistent with these principles and in accordance with our written policies, which emphasize the fair dissemination, aggregation, and allocation of investment opportunities across our investment platform and ultimately our clients.
Wellington Management's Trading Department employs over 60 traders globally and operates in specialized teams according to sectors and products. Our investment and trading activities are conducted on an industry-leading internally developed technology platform, which we believe creates a meaningful competitive advantage. We are also supported by an in-house team of managers and quantitative and business analysts, who oversee the "business" of the department and provide in-depth, action-oriented insights into our trading capabilities and activities.
- Principal responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Executing equity transactions, using a mixture of high-touch and low-touch execution methods, for all relevant accounts under management.
- Executing orders in a manner consistent with our best execution and risk management practices, as well as our policies and procedures.
- Gathering, analyzing, and disseminating market, sector and security information that identifies or creates actionable investment opportunities.
- Developing and enhancing over time an in-depth understanding of the investment philosophies and strategies of our portfolio managers, strategists, and analysts.
- Soliciting potential trade interest from portfolio managers and locating external supply/identifying internal demand for liquidity opportunities in the market.
- Remaining informed of new product developments.
- Fostering new trading relationships and leveraging existing relationships.
- Monitoring and improving efforts to enhance efficiency while mitigating risk.
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- A successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years' relevant trading experience. Experience trading a wide array of instruments would be additive.
- Solid academic credentials: Undergraduate degree is required; MBA/CFA would be viewed favorably
- Analytical skills and an ability to apply those skills in a highly practical fashion.
- A pro-technology mindset and the ability to leverage technology to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Quantitative skills and/or programming experience would be additive.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Interpersonal skills and experience in a collaborative, team-based, results-oriented environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- A precision and risk management mindset that results in accurate and compliant work and manifests itself in double-checking work, stopping to question anything unusual, and frequent reconciliation of work throughout the day.
- An attitude and practice of proactive idea generation and continuous review and improvement of our processes.
- Impeccable integrity, fiduciary mindset, and ability to consistently place the interests of our clients as the number one priority.
China Equity Trader LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .