China Cloud Lead
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our engineers solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems in financial services via collaboration and innovation. We build parallel systems, analyzes oceans of data, architect and implement scalable and reliable infrastructure, proactively guard against cyber threats, and continuously deliver technology solutions to connect people and capital for a better economy.
Engineering division is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit and lead technology possibilities? Start here. Who We Are
Core Engineering provides global thought leadership, solution development, delivery and support for a broad suite of technology products and services at Goldman Sachs. It leverages global expertise to develop leading-edge technology solutions that meet business demands and differentiate the firm's technology offerings in the marketplace. Core Engineering enables the operation of the firm by managing an extensive compute platform and global communication networks, while addressing technology, compliance and reputational risk and resilience.
The Cloud Enablement team within Core Engineering is responsible for enabling the use of public cloud services across the firm. You will be working as part of multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, architecting and building a cutting-edge platform that enable Goldman Sachs teams to deploy and manage services in public cloud safely and securely. We are at an early stage of modernizing our services around cloud native principles, and you will be directly contributing to platform that programmatically enforces safety, security and compliance of services and enables engineers to innovate faster. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities and Qualifications
As part of our global Cloud Enablement team you will work on all aspects related to our Public Cloud implementation in China - including but not limited to: regulatory conversations, contracting, technical design, implementation, support. Your role includes public cloud related projects coordination, technical implementation and support, stakeholder management, documentation, meetings coordination, schedule and budget management, dashboards and reporting publication. The China Cloud Lead will be supervising all public cloud related initiatives for Goldman Sachs in China. The China Cloud lead is expected to be well versed into cloud technologies, to be able to technically contribute to the whole delivery of the projects, including deep-dive technical conversation with developers, architects and others technical stakeholders. How will you fulfill your potential?
- Manage all China Public Cloud initiatives, to help Goldman Sachs China business units adopt public cloud.
- Engage with multiple stakeholders within Goldman Sachs engineering teams
- Work with Cloud Engineers, Technical Architect, vendors to ensure project delivery.
- Partner with cloud providers such as AWS and Azure to shape the future of public cloud services for finance industry.
- Strong cloud technical knowledge (AWS, Azure), ideally with production experience.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to motivate team members and manage projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English and Mandarin).
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Bachelor or Advanced Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in application migration or transformation from traditional infrastructure to public cloud
- Financial Services regulatory experience with Public Cloud in China will be a clear plus
- Knowledge and experience of cloud software development lifecycle and infrastructure-as-code tooling, such as CloudFormation, Terraform, CDK.
- Experience with security, isolation and multi-tenant design of distributed cloud services.
- Technical leadership experience of 2+ years.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.