CCBSI Credit Officer - VP
CCBSI (Corporate Client Banking and Specialized Industries) Credit Risk is part of Credit Risk function at JP Morgan that focuses on commercial bank clients of the bank. CCBSI Credit Risk works closely with CIB (Corporate and Investment Bank) Credit Risk team in China, covering China portfolios across CIB and CCBSI. The team provides comprehensive credit risk analysis of clients covering industry, business & financial profile; as well as approvals on credit facilities & risk grades. Responsibilities:
- As a Vice President in CCBSI you will serve as the Credit Officer for commercial bank clients in China.
- The VP Credit Officer is the primarily responsible for acting as credit risk manager for a portfolio of CCBSI clients and transactions, the VP will also cover CIB clients and transactions, working with head of CIB Credit Risk team in China.
- The VP will recommend credit underwriting standards or guidance for sectors (if required).
- The VP will participant in client due diligence and independently challenge credit on-boarding initiated by frontlines.
- In this capacity, the VP works in partnership with coverage banking officers, syndications, and other partners to risk grade borrowers, analyze and approve credit requests, structure credit facilities, and negotiate credit agreements and other loan documentation.
- The VP is also responsible for on-going monitoring and risk management of an assigned portfolio of credit clients.
- In addition, the VP will also working closely with Credit Risk team in North America and Singapore.
- In this role you will be responsible for managing and mentoring team members and act as an escalation point of contact for stakeholders.
- Candidates should have 8+ years of work experience in Credit Risk Management for CIB and commercial bank clients
- Familiarity with mid to large cap names in China, underwriting practices, industry standards and all PRC regulatory requirements relevant to commercial banking segment is a pre requisite
- The candidate is expected to have adequate experience of conducting client due diligence independently
- The most suitable candidate should be self-starter, able to work independently, a team player with demonstrable communication, structuring and corporate finance skills
- Product knowledge of a wide range of lending, derivative and treasury services products and documentation associated with these products is preferred
- Prior people management or client coverage experience will be a plus
- Fluent in Mandarin and English is highly preferred as the role requires ongoing engagement with local clients and regulators