- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Business Manager, FM China
- Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Business Manager, FM ChinaAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
The successful candidate will support the Financial Markets (FM) Country Business Manager (BM) and the FM Country Head in managing and running the Principal Risks management and FM business in-country.
• Support the FM Country Head in running of the Business Risk Forum (BRF);
• Operate effective Principal Risk supervision framework of FM, Treasury Markets and Wealth Management Product Sales (WMPS) staff in the dealing rooms.;
• Identify, assess and mitigate operational risks in-country;
• Execute controls, monitor, report and escalate operational risks where appropriate in-country;
• Ensure dealing room staff adhere to internal and external processes and procedures, and governance practices set out by the FM Process Governance Committees;
• Support the FM Country Head in supervising and coordinating in-country audits and regulatory inspections;
• Keep up to date with local regulations to assess impact / business opportunities and manage any changes to business processes and infrastructure;
• Execute and implement the local FM strategy, business initiatives and global FM agenda;
• Partner with local support functions and stakeholders to unblock business issues;
• Be the "connector" between global and local and export best practices;
• Continuously seek out process simplification and re-engineering opportunities to improve operational efficiency.
• Good understanding of FM business;
• Strong risk & control background;
• Excellent stakeholder management skills;
• Excellent written and verbal communication;
• Collaborative and creative problem solver and outcome focused;
• Experience in managing multiple project portfolios, scheduling and resources planning;
• Professional Qualification (eg. ACA, CIMA, CFA, Prince 2) preferred.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.