Winton's China Investment Solutions team is seeking a Business Development Associate to join Winton’s Shanghai office. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with colleagues to implement Winton’s sales strategy and identify new business opportunities with institutional investors.
Winton is a global investment management and data science company. Founded in 1997 by its CEO David Harding, Winton’s business is grounded in the belief that the scientific method can be profitably applied to the field of investing. The firm aims to help savers and institutional clients meet their investing goals by building intelligent, long-term investment systems that evolve as markets change. Winton employs more than 400 people in nine offices around the world and manages approximately $30 billion of assets for many of the world’s largest pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, banks and fund platforms.
The China Investment Solutions team is seeking a Business Development Associate to join Winton’s Shanghai office. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with colleagues to implement Winton’s sales strategy and identify new business opportunities with institutional investors. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a leading, rapidly-growing global asset manager, and to contribute to its continued success.
- Source potential customers and build on existing relationships in China to develop Winton’s business, maintain and enhance its connections and reputation.
- To exercise the highest standards of ethics and due care in safeguarding the interests of the company and its customers.
- Raise awareness of, and promote and secure investments into Winton’s investment programs.
- To travel to, educate, plan road shows and schedule meetings with investment decision makers.
- Prepare timely and accurate detailed progress reports and analysis for management information.
- To represent the Company at relevant industry meetings, seminars, awards and dinners as appropriate.
- To implement the departmental strategy in alignment with the company’s objectives.
- Established relationships and proven track record of business development within the Chinese institutional investor market (Associate level experience).
- Investment knowledge and ability to communicate effectively.
- Direct experience of working in Investment Management or Investment Banking.
- Alternative investment experience is highly desirable.
- Basic quantitative knowledge/skills, such as basic statistics, probability distribution, derivatives pricing.
- Fluency in Mandarin and English is essential.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate client relationship skills.
- Appropriate country specific licences.
- Understanding of the regulatory landscape for relevant markets.