Business Change Manager, China
Who we're looking for
We are looking to hire an experienced Business Change Manager to cover business change management for China portfolios, including driving and delivering China project strategies enabling the business to develop onshore and cross-border product range, investment, distribution capabilities as well as application of onshore business licenses.
The role will be based in Shanghai reporting to Head of Business Change, China. About Schroders
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients' needs. That's why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £574.4 billion (€641.7 billion/US$785.1 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have over 5,500 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business that's managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients' needs at the heart of everything we do. For over 200 years and more than seven generations we've grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients' needs and interests.
*Data as at 31 December 2020. What you'll do
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Overall change management to ensure successful delivery of China strategic initiatives;
- Manage stakeholder communications and ensure key stakeholders are informed of latest status, issues and risks;
- Influence change and others toward a common vision or goal;
- Design and implement change management strategies and plans to increase adoption and usage;
- Support the design, development, delivery and management of communications;
- Apply a structure methodology and lead change management activities;
- Co-ordinate and steer business & infrastructure teams to deliver China initiatives including but not limited to FMC, WMC, QDLP, PFM, Private Equity, and additional China projects in line with group strategy;
- Report progress to key stakeholders, maintain RAID log and highlight key issues, risks and dependencies to the programme;
- Leadership of Project Working Group and project status reporting to Steering Committee and senior management;
- Development and maintenance of project documentation;
- Keep abreast of and report on developments on the onshore market including regulatory changes and competitors' actions.
- Good analysis skills i.e. able to complete gap/ benefit analysis independently, drive the discussion and come out with the conclusion.
What you'll be like
- Degree graduate with at least 5-10 years of PMO/ project management/ business analysis experience in financial services, preferably in fund management company / securities company industries, or in consulting with focus on these industries.
- Experience in China projects and competency in Mandarin are must.
- Competency in English, written and oral, will be essential, as this role will need to interact with our global stakeholders.
- Certificates in Project Management or Finance a strong plus, e.g., PMP, Prince 2, CFA.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- Great attitude and enjoys working with other people;
- A critical thinker who's able to look at things from different angles;
- Enjoys solving problems;
- Keen to improve what we do for our clients and how we do it.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.