Big Data Developer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Perform hands on development in hadoop ecosystem in data ingestion, data transformation, data service, etc
- Lead the technical design on components or full application
- In addition to development, participate end to end project delivery and conduct tasks such as: data analysis, testing, build, and release.
- Follow and contribute to DevOps and related team collaboration activities
Our Ideal Candidate Key Skills:
- Data Solution Service Team design, develop, and implement data centric applications such as big data, data warehouse, business intelligence, data analytic.
- We are seeking intermediate to Sr. developer with Java & Hadoop experience.
Nice to have:
- Overall 5+ year hands-on software development experience
- Strong experience in Java, Spark, Unix
- Hands on development experience in hadoop environment: Hive, Hbase, Kafka, etc
- Experience in Spring Boot, Spring Cloud framework, and familiar with microservice system architecture
- English: Read and write is a must. Speaking and listening is a big plus, but optional in day 1.
- Fast learner, self-disciplined, positive attitude.
- Good communicator
- Data Warehouse, ETL, BI project and data model experience is a big plus
- Experience in front end framework such as Vue.js, React, etc
- Experience in Data Visualization, such as D3, EChart, etc
- Experience in Data Analytic project experience in statistics, machine learning, etc
- Financial industry experience
- Team lead and client facing experience
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .