- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Associate Director/Director, Loan Syndications, GCNA
- Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Associate Director/Director, Loan Syndications, GCNAAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
• Support and assist Regional Head of Loan Syndications and senior transactors in the team for executing the business strategy.
• Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role
• Origination and to win mandates, structuring, distribution (assist Syndicate and Distribution for HK Team) and execution syndicated loan transactions for the Bank's customers in GCNA.
• Working closely with Global Banking Clients, Commercial Banking Clients and other Product teams (such as Commercial Real Estates, Financing Group of Corporate Finance including Leveraged and Structured Solutions, Shipping Finance, etc) to provide structured financing solutions to meet clients and loan markets' needs.
• To structure deals with derivatives or other credit enhancements to maximize profitability and/or distribution potential;
• Maximising GCNA profitability by arranging value-added deals whilst minimising the use of balance sheet in arranging syndicated loans;
• Achieving sell down target through accurate market sounding, market read and market intelligence. Success with sell down of underwriting exposure - avoiding STICK positions;
• Winning market share from the competition in the GCNA syndicated loan market and making SCB one of the leading players in loan syndications market and in particular among foreign banks;
• Managing within cost budget.Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
• Full compliance with process as per Product Programme
• To manage all sale activities are in compliance with Bank's internal policies and local regulatory requirements as well as the Anti-Money Laundering policies, Suspicious Transactions Reporting Requirements etc
People and Talent
• Provide on-job coaching, guidance and support to junior staff and IG in all aspects; be a role model of SCB values, ownerships and commitment to other team members
• Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
• Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
• Ensure that we follow our bank policies and compliance when we are doing transactions
• Prudent management of underwriting risks
• Ensure no adverse audit findings, no breach of underwriting policy
• Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
• Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
• Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner
Regulatory & Business Conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Lead the Loan Syndications GCNA to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
• LSS - Provide advises of the deal structure and marketable pricing.
• GB / CB / CRE - Provide loan market updates, core client and business strategy alignment, new prospects identification, deal origination and execution
• Credit - Provide loan market updates, credit strategy alignment
• WB Legal & Compliance - To obtain timely update on regulatory changes, determine respective strategy and actions to address new business opportunities and challenges arising from regulatory changes
• TMG and L&A - To ensure cross-functional team work for deal execution
• GB & CB clients (in conjunction with relationship managers) - deal originations, source of obtaining industry and market information, promoting SCB brand value, strong structure and distribution capabilities of Loan Syndications.
• Banks, investment banks, institutional investors and insurance companies in investors - loan distribution, syndication and sales, co-underwritings, exchange of market and industry information, risk mitigation for assets.
• External professional advisors (e.g. Legal counsels) - deal execution, to obtain timely update on regulatory changes they would provide new business opportunities and responsive change in risk management
• Industry associations such as APLMA, IFR, China Banking Association, Shanghai Banking Association - Two-way communications of loan markets update, market best practises, promoting SCB branch value, strong structure and distribution capabilities of GCNA Loan Syndications
• Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Loan Syndications GCNA
• Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
FM Front Office Supervisor Responsibilities
This role has been identified as a Financial Markets 'Front Office Supervisor' and as such has associated with it a series of specific supervisory responsibilities in addition to any current employee/ management responsibilities within the Bank. Periodically the holder of this role will be required to attest that they understand their specific supervisor responsibilities and those they will execute these diligently. For the avoidance of doubt these Front Office Supervisory Responsibilities supplement and do not replace those outlined in this Job Description as well as any other applicable core employee/management responsibilities associated to employment with the Bank.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.