Associate Director/Director, Banks Ratings, Shanghai/Taipei (21734)
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, a leading provider of credit market data, analytical tools and risk services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
As a global credit rating agency, Fitch Ratings gauges the ability of entities and instruments to meet their credit obligations. Investors and financial market participants rely on multiple sources, and the credit rating - indicating how an issue or transaction is likely to perform over time - is one of their key inputs. In this way, we help investors map potential credit risks.
Fitch Solutions, a subsidiary of Fitch Ratings, provides a range of industry-leading products and professional development services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, we distribute the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution we bring to market, our offerings are designed to meet the diverse needs of the fixed-income markets.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws. Department Overview:
The Fitch Ratings Financial Institutions (FI) Group has actively built Fitch into a global leader in bank credit rating coverage.
The FI Group's rating process utilises a set of rating scales that are unique to Fitch Ratings. Quantitative aspects of a financial institution's strengths and weaknesses are reviewed, such as balance sheet integrity, profitability, cash flow generating ability and risk management.
The analysts evaluate qualitative factors of the institution such as strategy and quality of management, the environment in which it operates and the most likely future development of its business. Final rating determinations are made in rating committees comprised of lead analysts and seasoned independent committee members, including Fitch Ratings senior management.
This role could either be an Associate Director or Director level, dpending on the successful candidate's experience; the position could be based in either our Shanghai or Taipei office. Responsibilities:
- Lead analyst on rating mandates for Chinese banks or support/guide other analysts on rating engagements
- Support Greater China team head and mentor junior analysts
- Conduct regular Issuer/Sector/Market research for the purpose of analysis, compiling of reports, committee packages or presentations
- Publish external research (including issuer reports, special sector reports, presentations)
- Maintain files in accordance with internal policies in relation to meetings, committee documentation and external correspondence
- Actively participate in external outreach (including analytical meetings, investor/banker meetings, media interviews and presentations)
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum of 6 years credit experience working in another credit rating agency, bank/investment bank, regulator, investment manager (or similar institution) or consultancy/accounting firm is essential.
Application: We are not seeking assistance from recruiters at this time. To apply, please submit a short cover letter stating your suitability for the role plus details of any valid visa that you hold and your up-to-date CV. Please also enter your current and desired gross annual salary and notice period in the applicable spaces when completing your application but do not include them in your CV . We regret we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
- Fluency in Mandarin and English required
- Advanced knowledge in Chinese financial institutions for the purpose of assigning bank credit ratings (history of performing such a role would be favourably considered)
- Able to work independently yet contribute to team objectives and coaching junior staff
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external constituents (including senior management, investors, bankers, regulators and media)
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; proficiency with other research databases such as WIND would be an advantage