- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Associate, Credit Analyst
- Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Associate, Credit AnalystAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- Credit Analyst (CA) would be primarily responsible for managing the Credit risk associated with the portfolio and ensuring high quality of the portfolio.
- Closely work with the RM from the origination & play a vital role in deal structuring to add good value from a credit / policy perspective.
- Work as a team with the Relationship Manager (RM) and Client Coverage Manager (CCM) on a specified portfolio and facilitate revenue growth in the portfolio.
The Role Responsibilities
- Interact with the client, gather deal requirements, financial statements and other inputs for performing quality analysis and due diligence.
- Work with RM and product partners in structuring credit solutions for the clients and ensuring the appropriateness of the products.
- Work with the RM in:
- Obtaining all pre clearances like ER negativity, segmentation, etc;
- Preparing & presenting work-shopping note; and
- Expediting approvals.
- Responsible for end-to-end BCA process including preparing all the tools like Odyssey, Scorecard, etc, in-depth analysis of various risks, quality presentation and ensuring fast credit approval.
- Liaise with Credit / GAM / RAM / FAM on BCA and other credit issues and ensure quick turnaround on queries.
- Ensure compliance of all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies e.g. preparing the Country Portfolio Standard checklist, Temasek check, other special reporting requirements, etc.
- Evaluate the environmental and social risks for the client using the Environmental and Social Risk Assessment Tool (ESRAT).
- Work with RM to calculate and monitor overall RoRWA at account level.
- Coordinate and prepare for GCC meetings.
- Liaise with GAM Credit for limit approval / allocation.
- Market, industry & client research (ROC Searches, annual statements, credit rating etc).
- Reference check / market check - buyers, suppliers, competitors & lenders & to be documented by way of call report / file note.
- Legal & compliance liaising and preparing term sheets for lending products.
Post Deal Acc o unt monitoring:
- Monitor quality of the portfolio by tracking weekly excess / past dues and strictly complying with ASTAR / EAR process.
- Ensure timely submission of quality Quarterly Credit Reports.
- Monitor risk triggers, covenants and other credit conditions and report appropriately.
- Ensure zero BCA over dues.
- Work with RM and CCM to ensure the proper maintenance of credit files and ensuring audit readiness at any time.
- Work with RM and CCM to follow up audit issues.
- Attend EAR / MTM calls along with the RMs.
- In partnership with the RM, ensure timely identification of accounts to be put in EAR as per the bank's policies and guidelines.
- Preparing the Initial Downgrade Report (IDR) for transferring accounts to GSAM.
- Prepare timely stress tests wherever required
- Prepare specific industry study
- Prepare credit opinion reports wherever required.
- Effective use of Credit mate & CRM
- In partnership with the RM, approve the LTP request as per the bank's policy (FI specific)
- Prepare summary sheets for FIR (FI specific)
- Prepare intergroup limit application (FI specific)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.