Associate/Senior Associate, Investigations and Disputes
- Basic Salary + Bonus
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China Shanghai Shanghai Shi CN
- Permanent, Full time
- Kroll (Beijing) Business Risk Management Consulting Co. Ltd.
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
As an Associate/Senior Associate within the Investigations & Disputes practice based in Shanghai or Beijing, you are required to support case managers to conduct in-depth investigative & intelligence due diligence research. Mmanaging cases from start to finish, conducting extensive Internet, database, and media research (‘Desktop Research’) into companies and individuals to provide our clients with an accurate assessment of the status, legitimacy, general background, and overall reputation of a subject company and its principals.
Other responsibilities include:
• Conducting extensive primary and secondary web-based research
• Identifying relevant information and developing useful insights into research subjects
• Writing and editing of research reports for client use
• Tracking progress and ensuring timely completion of cases
• Contacting the client as required by supervisor
• Confirming the accuracy, logic and overall quality of research reports
• Take ownership of project and deliverables
• Coordinating research and working closely with team members in other Kroll offices
• Demonstrate excellent judgment, be commercially-focused and be driven by professional excellence and a commitment to the Kroll brand.
• Strong academic background, preferably in the fields of Finance, Journalism, International Relations, International Business and Political Science, Law or Security Studies
• Commercial experience preferably 1-3 years’ experience gained from a research-related field. With more experience will be considered as a Senior Associate.
• Ability to communicate with a high level of fluency and clarity in both writing and speech in English and Mandarin is a must.
• Proven ability to perform all methods of research, including desktop research and analysis from primary and secondary sources
• Strong understanding and developed interest in Asian politics and current affairs
• Excellent reports writing, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to synthesize large volumes of information
• Enthusiasm for finding “the needle in a haystack”
• Flexible team player, with strong interpersonal skills
• Proficient in MS Office. Ideally also proficient in investigative analysis tools
A key interest in business strategy, global events and markets, with an awareness of working across different cultural and political environments is essential due to the range of cases that will be handled across various industry-sectors.
We will offer the successful candidate a competitive remuneration package with benefits including a 5-day working week and 13th month bonus, as well as medical and life insurance.
To apply, please send your curriculum vitae together with a covering letter stating your current and expected salaries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference EFIN-A/SA.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and will only be used for recruitment purposes. Applicants who are not contacted within six weeks should consider their applications unsuccessful.