Assistant Manager, CRC Documentation Unit
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- Provide quality support and advice to Relationship Managers (RM's) within all lending units on all documentation related matters, including the origination of documentation for customers where required
- To deliver excellent service and advice to our Corporate (Corporate & Institutional Banking) & Commercial Banking clients in all interactions for their channel activation pre-transactional enquiries/setup, trainings and other channel related issues
- Perform end-to-end orchestration across all processes and services managed by IMO
- Engage clients throughout process, ensuring seamless delivery and client experience
- Own and drive execution of processes, working closely with stakeholders and the value chain to deliver excellent client service, getting clients to the point of ready-to-transact as quickly as possible, across both simple and complex cases.
- Adheres to first-time-right principles
- Provide insight and suggestions to improving processes, identifying opportunities to streamline and automate. Looks at ways to promote standard work and best practices.
- Undertake ad-hoc duties and when delegated by Line Manager and Country Head of IMO
Strategy Targeted Improvements
- Perform credit documentation activities for the deals flowing from Corporate & Institutional Banking ("CIB"), Commercial Banking ("CB") and Business Banking ("BB")
- Conduct checks on Credit Documentation output as applicable
- Ensure that the data sources used for the extraction of the return is correct
- Identify processing risks or inefficiencies and implement appropriate and effective changes
Automation and Streamlining
- Act as a service partner, work together with RMs, Product Sales, Operations and other key internal stakeholders to solve client channel issues and identify opportunities to improve overall service for the clients
- Ensure uniform approach towards implementation of Global IMO Model and adherence to DOIs
- Deliver excellent service against agreed service standards, delivery standards, and minimal error rates as appropriate
People and Talent
- Drive continuous improvement of the operational efficiency and effectiveness of processes to increase the consistency of systems and processes
- Provide effective orientation /guidance to new joiners on the bank's policies/procedures/processes to ensure their successful assimilation into the team and the bank
- Develop and implement a personal learning plan with team manager, to attain necessary competencies
- Successfully complete milestones as laid out in implemented personal learning plan
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role remit
- Comply with applicable Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and report any suspicious activity to the operational risk team and Line Manager
- Ensure a clear and uniform approach towards implementation of the global operating model for all IMO-related processes, and adherence to DOIs
- Report any deviation (if any) to appropriate authorities and obtain proper dispensations
- Proactively manage risks and establish/monitor controls to improve the overall state of the risk management and operating framework
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Ensure strong due diligence on document safekeeping and data confidentiality
- Ensure correctness of documentation prior to any dispensation from the Bank
- Ensure compliance with the internal policies and credit policies, external policies, regulatory and statutory requirements
- Undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls
- Highlight significant issues/errors to team leader
Key Stakeholders Internal
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Valued Behaviours and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Country IMO Head, Client Delivery Managers and other Specialists, Makers and Checkers
- Control Governance Managers and Specialists
- GBO Hub teams and In-country CET teams
- Account Opening Teams
- Front Office (RMs, CMs, CCMs)
- Lending Documentation Unit
- Commodities Transaction Management Unit
- Business CRM
- Business Operational Risk Manager
- Transaction Banking (Trade, Security Services, and Cash Management) Implementation Managers
- Client Documentation and Control
- Credit Documentation CoE
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embedding Here for good and the Group's brand and valued behaviours in the Integrated Middle Office team
- Performing other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Strong ability to positively influence stakeholders across value chain to both orchestrate and execute on processes and deliver exceptional client service and experience
- Ability to positively engage and build rapport with clients
- Strong writing and presenting skills in English
- Problem solver; looks for solutions and finds ways to progress despite blockages
- Strong drive to deliver
- Has a clear understanding of the client needs being serviced
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision and able to cope with pressures from tight deadlines
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.