- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
See job description for details
Optimus Production Management provides direct day to day support and integration services for one of the firm's risk calculation system used by the Credit, Rates and FX businesses and its supporting infrastructure.
Members of the team provide real time support for the Optimus DAL (data access layer) and RICE (Risk Calculation Environment) 24x7. The team additionally executes all deployment work, is responsible for capacity planning, and performs integration work, infrastructure management, stability management and downstream data delivery. Optimus Production Management works closely with users, related development teams, upstream and downstream data suppliers and recipients to ensure a smooth delivery of services to its users. The role involves direct interaction with traders, strats as well as technology groups involved in all aspects of electronic trading, trade capture and risk management.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- 5+ years working experience on production support and incident management.
- Capable of effectively handling incidents for critical systems in a fast-paced environment within tight time constraints and resource dependencies
- Demonstrative capability and willingness to own and solve problems with ambiguous info and little direction
- Strong infrastructure knowledge in Linux / Unix, Windows, databases, Storage and networking technologies
- Solid experience with one or more of python, perl and Shell scripting
- Proven ability to deliver improvements to supported systems
- Ability to self-organize multiple tasks well and to complete them on time with a strong focus on quantitive results
- High degree of motivation to expand technical and business knowledge
- Ability to work collaboratively with global cross-functional teams
- Team player with a sense of integrity and ownership
- Experience supporting trading systems will be a plus