- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Nov 17
Analyst (Greater China Research)
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, ChinaThe Role
The individual will be responsible for developing research publications and conducting issuer, intermediary, and general market outreach in order to support Moody's Franchise Development initiatives in predominantly Greater China.
The role will involve ongoing study of Chinese credits and evolving trends in China, analysis of the credit profile of rated and unrated Chinese issuers, demonstrating in-depth knowledge of the Chinese credit markets, and interacting with market participants within Greater China and APAC.
It is expected the individual hired will have the capability to develop research ideas and write comprehensive and thought provoking research on industry sectors or individual companies. The hired may work with senior analysts to present research and analytical approach to a variety of market participants.
- Conducting credit research and writing credit reports, special comments and outlooks for industry sectors or companies.
- Interacting effectively with other analytical groups.
- Analyzing quantitative and qualitative data for companies, broader industry sectors and bond markets.
- Under the guidance of AMD or senior analysts, interact with issuers, intermediaries, investors and other market participants.
- Guide AA in data preparation and research support
- Graduate in finance, corporate finance, accounting, economics or related discipline with postgraduate qualifications . CFA an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant analytical experience in credit analysis and fixed income investment; preferably analyzing the corporate sector and Chinese regional and local governments, in a financial institution or major research house.
- An understanding of the domestic bond market and public finance in China
- Articulate and succinct communication skills both verbally and in writing. Previous experience writing research in either an equity or credit market context would be advantageous.
- Strong quantitative aptitude and demonstrated analytical ability.
- Fluent in both English and Putonghua necessary.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.