Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a global metals producer looking to hire an Aluminium Traffic Specialist to join the team in China.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Ensure contract execution and customer service is dealt with efficiently (delivery scheduling, commercial documentation issuance, payment receipts, production orders)
- Check contract options on metal grades, quantities and destinations, as well as metal prices/invoicing buyers
- Work closely with internal departments to identify metal production capacity, transit and stock, technical/quality issues, delivery timing etc.
- Act as a point of contact for suppliers and customers regarding the status of orders, invoicing, documentation, letters of credit, B/L, claim management etc., maintaining good relationships with all parties
- Reports into the Head of Operations
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in traffic operations/contract administration covering ferrous or non-ferrous metals: steel, carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminium, alumina, nickel, copper, zinc, cobalt, tin, concentrates/raw materials
- Excellent communication, organisational and planning skills with high attention to detail
- Familiar with handling shipping documentation (L/Cs), sales and purchase contracts as well as sound understanding of different trade and customs regulations incl. LME, SHFE, INCOTERMS 2020
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
- Located in Shanghai or willing to relocate