Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a major metals producer looking to hire an Aluminium Strategist to join the team in China.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Create and develop aluminium research and strategic planning across China and related regions including primary aluminium, casthouse products and scrap
- Enhance the companies market presence through excellent strategic initiative, using expertise across the entire supply/demand value chain in China to help identify and execute business plans effectively
- Strongly participate in business development/customer portfolio development through cold-calling and attending meetings/networking events etc.
- Conduct price forecasting analysis and identify opportunities to the sales team through trade flow analysis, new application demand and market risk research
- Reports into Head of Intelligence
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a research/business development role within the aluminium sector, either for a trading house, producer or research firm
- Experienced with all facets of creating and sustaining successful marketing strategies to contribute to the overall commercial success of the sales and marketing teams
- Strong background within the aluminium industry with good knowledge of supply/demand market trends, especially within China and ideally product demand intelligence for B2B markets
- Must be fluent in both Mandarin and English
- Located in Shanghai or willing to relocate