You will be responsible for assisting with the accounting and full administration of a portfolio of private equity and real estate clients, working together with your colleagues in the Asia-Pacific region. Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Acting as a key/first point of contact for your colleagues across the Asia-Pacific region. Responsible for resolving any issues that may arise;
• Driving the preparation of the funds’ periodic Net Asset Value calculation and year-end financial statements, management of the audit, and reviewing other fund related reports;
• Driving the preparation of the fund accounts, periodic and regulatory reports for the fund entities;
• Guiding the junior employees in completing their work, and by extension acting as the first level of review;
• Assisting the Managers in driving the initial setup of any new funds taken on;
• Learning and implementing best-practice use of private equity and real estate accounting software, reporting, and other tools;
• Pro-actively take on additional responsibilities and tasks from time-to-time as required by your Managers or clients;
• Supporting Managers and Senior Management in ensuring quality work is delivered to the clients;
• Assisting Managers with internal projects and initiatives from time-to-time.
• 3 – 5 years of experience of working in asset management (preference for fund managers, fund administrators or the Big 4 etc.);
• Strong academic background;
• Fully qualified Accountant (e.g. ISCA/ACCA/CPAA/AICPA/CIMA) or strong progress on examinations;
• Knowledge of fund operations for private equity and/or real estate funds is a strong plus (including valuation, accounting and payment procedures);
• You are fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in Japanese or Korean will be considered as an asset;
• You possess team spirit with the ability to work independently using your own initiative when appropriate;
• Ability to confidently communicate and collaborate with international colleagues;
• Ability to work under pressure and meet a range of deadlines;
• You are mature, and detail-oriented.
• High level of IT literacy with strong MS Office skills, especially in Excel and Word;
• Knowledge of eFront or Yardi systems would be a distinct advantage.