Assistant Relationship Manager, Commercial Banking
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Scope of Roles
The Role Responsibilities
- Assist a sales team in achieving agreed sales volume and profit objectives by acquiring, growing and retaining profitable Commercial Banking customers within acceptable risk parameters.
- Be primarily responsible for client coverage and work closely as a team with the Relationship Manager (RM) and Credit Analyst (CA) in providing direct sales support on post origination activities like documentation, reporting, etc by engaging with client, CRC, CDU, legal, compliance, etc
- Active engagement with client and also with the product partners to ensure high level of utilization of regular limits.
- Work with the RM on a specified portfolio and jointly responsible for the revenue growth
- Strongly assist the RM in origination by building profile with clients, preparing pitch book and industry leads, etc.
- Assist the RM and CA in preparing briefing notes for senior management visits.
- Set up p rofile for new client group.
- Document the client meetings attended by preparing a call report via the RM Workbench .
- Follow-up on the invitation list of SCB functions.
- Client on-boarding & deal execution
- Assist the RM in liaising with Legal & Compliance / CDU / CRC / clients to resolve documentation issues like terms & conditions deviations for standard documents.
- Obtain approval for modification in standard documentation wherever necessary from appropriate authority.
- Ensure documentation is completed and the limits loaded properly to ensure faster execution of the transaction.
- Coordinate with ASU to ensure timely completion of account opening formalities of the client including collection of documents, signature verification etc.
- Work with the CDD team to ensure eCDDs are created and renewed on time.
- Work in partnership with FM to setup FEDS / MUREX ID and ISDA request.
- Seek approval from various authorities for release of trade offerings.
- Follow up with client's outstanding Stamp Duty collection after LPU failed to collect within notice period
- Account Management and portfolio quality
- Actively engage with client and also with the product partners to ensure high level of utilization of regular limits.
- Work closely with product partners for coordinating client training for non lending products (client training to be conducted by product partners).
- Work with RM and CA to follow up audit issues.
- Track past dues and excesses in the portfolio meticulously and ensure they are regularized on time. Any exceptions to be highlighted to CA and RM.
- Co-ordinate with Ops for any rectifying any ops related issues
- Ensure document deficiencies are minimal and are rectified on time.
- Seek approvals for & arrange refunds, waivers and break funding cost, wherever applicable.
- Apply for personal / guarantor's PBOC lending card number. Obtain guarantor's PBOC lending card number from PBOC.
- Maintain the Confidentiality Agreement of clients.
- Liaise with GAM / RAM / FAM for day to day account maintenance and operational issues.
- Liaising with finance/operations to raise fees/interest reversal journals entries relating to operational errors
- Arrange for stock inspection / valuation.
- Ensure data maintenance and correctness in SCI / RM Workbench / CPPR, etc.
- Track and action on Failed Trade Report.
- Arranging for change of RM codes on various systems & retagging the accounts transferred to GSAM.
- Work with RM for Working Capital Loan and Fixed Asset Loan post drawdown monitoring.
- Comply with AML requirements when performing duties. Job holder must report any suspicious transaction to respectively Unit MLPO via LINE MANAGER (reporting manager) or directly to the Country MLPO b) observant of reputation risk c) strict prohibited from mis-selling activities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Adhoc projects, duties, assignment
- From time to time, due to exigencies of service, you may be required to take on additional duties, projects or assignments as determined by your supervisor.
- Assist in the achievement of the team's target growth on deposits, loans volume and revenue
- Customer Service Satisfaction
- Adaptation and package of financial solutions
- Strict adherence to compliance requirement
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.