Research Specialist (Japan Focus), Equity Research - Dalian
- Jinzhou, Liaoning, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity International
- 08 Nov 17 2017-11-08
This role will be working across different time zones and in various financial markets across regions. Although this role will be based in Dalian, China, this is a Japan-focused role. You will provide all round research support to equity analysts or PMs in the selected region, including on initiations and on-going coverage, company and industry analysis, financial modelling, valuations, sector/country updates, and other custom research work.
All of our people must be able to demonstrate affinity with the Fidelity core values:
Innovation - Being willing to experiment and try new and better ways to serve our clients.
Integrity - Taking personal responsibility for always acting in the best interests of our clients.
Excellence - Striving to be the best while knowing we can always be better next time.
All of our people must be able to operate in accordance with our behaviours:
Commitment - We are committed to our clients and proud to work for Fidelity. We push through obstacles to make things happen; we make decisions quickly and thoughtfully. We are individually committed to building a culture of excellence.
Collaboration - We collaborate with colleagues, seek alternative views, invite different ideas and always challenge traditional thinking. This approach allows us to create a whole that is much greater than the sum of its parts.
Client Focus - We are expected to, and measured on, our ability to put our client first. We go the extra mile to understand their needs and strive to exceed their expectations. We listen carefully, we communicate clearly, and we're quick to respond. We're respectful of the trust placed in us to manage their money.
About Investment Research Support
Dalian Investment Research team provides comprehensive research support to Fidelity's equity analysts or PMs in Asia-Pac region, including Fidelity regional research team based in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Australia, and India.
Purpose of your role
Our global reach means that you will be working across different time zones and in various financial markets across regions. Although this role will be based in Dalian, China, this is a Japan-focused role. You will provide all round research support to equity analysts or PMs in the selected region, including on initiations and on-going coverage, company and industry analysis, financial modelling, valuations, sector/country updates, and other custom research work. You will also have to travel to our Tokyo office from time to time.
- Prepare and maintain detailed financial models (including valuations); perform industry- and company-specific analysis as mandated by the analyst.
- Collate quality information from databases (such as Bloomberg, Datastream and Factiva) and other appropriate sources. Help make the research process more efficient and robust
- Keep abreast of important trends and developments in the relevant sectors/geographies
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal clients and within the team
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Accounting Skills - Good knowledge of financial accounting
- Financial Skills - Good understanding of financial statements, ratios and valuation concepts
- Basic understanding of capital markets
- Analytical / Problem solving skills, with a logical thought process - to sort, analyse and creatively interpret large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Good relationship management skill; strong communication and presentation skills.
- Should be able to communicate (read/speak/write) Japanese (JLPT-N1), English and Mandarin
- A qualification of CFA Level 1 or equivalent is highly preferred
- 4 - 7 years' working experience preferably in the financial sector
- In-depth knowledge of a business sector will be useful (not essential)
Values: Integrity, Innovation, Excellence, Customer Focus, Commitment, Enthusiasm, Teamwork, Respect