Research Specialist Internship 2019, Dalian (China)
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Jinzhou, Liaoning, China
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
A 6 to 12-month internship for all round research support to analysts or PMs across the Asia Pacific region, including on initiations and ongoing coverage, company and industry analysis, financial modelling, valuations, sector/country updates, and other custom research work.
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers world class investment solutions and retirement expertise. As a privately owned, independent company, investment is our only business. We are driven by the needs of our clients, not by shareholders. Our vision is to deliver innovative client solutions for a better future.
Our people are passionate, engaged, smart and curious, and we give them the independence and the confidence to make a difference. While we take pride in the excellence of our investment solutions and client service, we know we can always do better. We are honest, respectful and make tough calls, challenging the status quo to achieve better outcomes through innovation. Above all else, we always put our clients first.
Find out more about what we do, our history, and how you could be a part of our future at fidelityrecruitment.com/asia-pacific/about-us
All of our people must be able to demonstrate affinity with the Fidelity core values:
Innovation - Being willing to experiment and try new and better ways to serve our clients.
Integrity - Taking personal responsibility for always acting in the best interests of our clients.
Excellence - Striving to be the best while knowing we can always be better next time.
All of our people must be able to operate in accordance with our behaviours:
Commitment - We are committed to our clients and proud to work for Fidelity. We push through obstacles to make things happen; we make decisions quickly and thoughtfully. We are individually committed to building a culture of excellence.
Collaboration - We collaborate with colleagues, seek alternative views, invite different ideas and always challenge traditional thinking. This approach allows us to create a whole that is much greater than the sum of its parts.
Client Focus - We are expected to, and measured on, our ability to put our client first. We go the extra mile to understand their needs and strive to exceed their expectations. We listen carefully, we communicate clearly, and we're quick to respond. We're respectful of the trust placed in us to manage their money.
Purpose of your role
Our global reach means that you will be working across different time zones and in various financial markets across regions. As an intern, you will provide all round research support to analysts or PMs across the Asia Pacific region, including on initiations and ongoing coverage, company and industry analysis, financial modelling, valuations, sector/country updates, and other custom research work.
The internship will last for 6 to 12 months depending on the candidate's availability. A full-time offer will be extended if a candidate passes the internship successfully.
* Prepare and maintain detailed financial models (including valuations); perform in-depth industry- and company-specific analysis as mandated by the analyst including drivers and revenue and expense, assessment of business models and valuation.
* Keep abreast of important trends and developments in the relevant sectors/geographies
* Build and maintain strong relationships with internal clients and within the broader research support team
Experience and Qualifications Required
* Undergraduate or postgraduate students in university
* A major in economics or accounting is preferred
* Fluent spoken and written English or Japanese
* Solid accounting knowledge
* Excellent analytical skills
* Intellectually curious
* Clear interest in investment management and finance industry
* Highly motivated, able to think logically, critically & quickly
* Able to work both independently and as part of the Investment team
We've worked hard to ensure our new process is fast and efficient. That means our application deadline is not about just 'getting your foot' in the door by the 7th May, you need to apply, pass the on-line assessments and submit your video-interview by the 7th May (11:59pm Dalian time) as well.