Transfer Agency, Off
Job Description Who we are looking for:
Transfer Agency, Off Why this role is important to us:
Unit Registry (also called Transfer Agent) is a specialist team appointed by our clients, for the purposes of maintaining their investor's financial records and tracking his or her account balance. Unit Registry records transactions, maintaining investor's accounts, issue daily and periodic statements, process distributions and investment income forms for investors as well as releases unit prices and provide cash forecast to fund managers. Unit Registry is also responsible for completing Anti-Money Laundering & Know Your Client checks on investors to ensure full adherence to all applicable laws and regulations. What you will be responsible for:
'• Ensure that all operational registry and reporting deliverables to both internal and external clients are met in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure sufficiently trained staff is available to service the clients and deliver quality service.
• Ensures all controls and procedures are adhered to as well as make recommendations for changes in line with company policy;
• Understand the core offering and increase efficiencies in the day to day processing
• Work with the team for the day to day resource allocation and peak time task management, handling with escalations from internally and other counterparties.
• Program management and leadership for any risk excellence projects and initiatives
• Supervise subordinate staff (including Associate 1, Associate 2, Senior Associate), professionally organize 1:1 meeting with team members in order to timely provide feedbacks and valuable suggestions based on their performance and individual strength.
• Facilitate staff training & development, adherence to the training framework and effective track the individual staff performance, award staffs with good performance at a timely manner.
• Managing the month to month overtime for the individual staffs to be in line with company policy
• Develop and build up a good relationship with the home site and other inter-departmental contacts to achieve business goals
• Manage client relationship (via Syd homesite) from both a strategic and day to day tactical perspective ensuring coherence between client requirements and SSAL service capabilities Education & Preferred Qualifications:
'• Degree qualified in English, Banking, Finance, Business, Accounting or related discipline; or relevant work experience in a similar role.
• Ideally 5 years experience in custody market (Unit pricing and/ Unit registry)
• A good knowledge of fund accounting operational concepts
• A good knowledge of AML/KYC requirements
• A good understanding of core registry processes
• Previous Unit Registry, finance and/or banking background
• Ability to multi task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Professional English communication skills in both email written and verbal
• A desire to provide unsurpassed service by exceeding service levels
• Good time management skills, ability to multi task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Capability in oversight daily operations and deliverables
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good sense of escalation awareness and risk awareness
• Flexible, adaptable and motivated person who is a Team Player and enjoys leading people and dealing with senior stakeholders. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers