Project Management, Senior Associate
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Collaborate with appropriate teams globally to ensure consistent service delivery client solutions and client satisfaction
- Manage day-to-day execution of assigned projects from BOAT pipeline;
- Create & execute project plan, revise as appropriate to meet changing needs & requirements;
- Create and manage project documentation and checklists;
- Ensure the projects logs are kept up to date;
- Resolve and escalate project and operational issues in a timely fashion;
- Effectively communicate progress and escalations to superiors & Operations;
- Ensure that analysis of the existing model is completed on time and all gaps have been identified;
- Continue ongoing support for the OPS Teams for any assign project;
- Interpret project needs and work to meet those needs, offering assistance and advice on standard practical issues; may call on others for help in situations outside own area of knowledge
- Identify, develop and deploy process improvements leading to service level improvements and/or unit cost & operational risk reduction
- Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal policies and procedures, as well as provide input to further development of best practices
- Identify opportunity for product automation based on project timeline, service requirements etc.
- Collaborate with Global Business leads identifying resources required to support & deliver transition/change management projects
About State Street What we do.
- Proven track record of related related/industry experience in financial services or consulting (expertise specifically Fund Accounting and Back office operations is a plus)
- 1-3 years of experience of project management skills preferred
- Numeracy/Financial Analysis
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Knowledge of State Street systems/processes preferred but not required
- Prior experience in developing executive communication preferred but not required
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and word
- Strong analytical skills required (proficiency in excel)
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers