Head of Alpha Professional Services China, Managing Director
Who we are looking for
The Alpha team is looking to hire a strong lead who will be responsible for the day-to-day management of Alpha Professional Services team in China, including planning and execution of Alpha strategy, client implementation and transformation initiatives. In this position, you will manage a team (about 50+ staff) and have responsibility for servicing our regional and global Alpha clients. You will do this by partnering with various teams across globe and establishing strong working relationships with key business leaders. Why this role is important to us
State Street Alpha (https://www.statestreet.com/platform-for-growth.html) brings together data and capabilities across the investment lifecycle to help our clients make better decisions, grow at scale, and deliver returns for their clients. We partner with clients to optimize their operations, data, and technology footprint by leveraging the Alpha Platform and outsourced Alpha Services.
We require senior leadership in place to manage our China team for a successful execution of Alpha strategy and delivery our value proposition. What you will be responsible for
- Provide leadership and oversight of all initiatives within Alpha Professional Services team in China.
- Ensure successful project delivery of Alpha client on-boarding and BAU projects, and act as escalation point to manage risk, issues as well as solutions.
- Lead and oversee communication and engagement with stakeholders, internal and external counterparties.
- Recruit, and develop talent required to drive the execution of all initiatives/projects. Demonstrate and drive the behaviors required to establish a high performing organization culture.
- Partner with Regional and Global team for collaboration and integration for better Alpha Service.
- Perform financial management oversight to ensure achievement of financial goals.
- Establish processes and disciplines necessary to support a professional services organization
- Manage and drive prioritization, demand, capacity and utilization across multiple projects and initiatives
- Drive continued process improvement to enhance speed and quality of execution and delivery
What we value
- Partner with Global Delivery and Global Technology teams to drive the execution and benefit realization of all initiatives.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Good understanding of financial market, especially comprehensive knowledge of data service.
- Good understanding of business systems, and system development lifecycle methodologies to support client implementation projects through their life cycle
- Proven leadership skills as well as managing and developing a high performing teams.
- Proven strong communication, interpersonal, decision-making and negotiation skills.
- Ability to influence and work collaboratively across multiple (matrixed) organizations to reach common goals.
- Organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and excellent time management.
- Cross-cultural awareness and the ability to connect with colleagues globally in a collaborative, open work environment. To serve as a role model of acceptance and flexibility in dealing with colleagues with varying backgrounds.
- Good understanding of business systems, financial industry, and system development lifecycle methodologies to support client implementation projects through their life cycle
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to manage matrix reporting lines in both directions
- Minimum bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in financial related.
- Minimum 15 years financial services experience including operations, product management, strategy transformation, data management.
- Experience on team management is required (at least > 30+ staff)
About State Street What we do.
- Understanding of Agile methodology is preferred.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers