Custody From Fund Accounting, Officer
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
• Ensure that all operational registry and reporting deliverables to both internal and external clients are met in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure sufficiently trained staff is available to service the clients and deliver quality service.
• Ensures all controls and procedures are adhered to as well as make recommendations for changes in line with company policy;
• Understand the core offering and increase efficiencies in the day to day processing
• Work with the team for the day to day resource allocation and peak time task management, handling with escalations from internally and other counterparties.
• Program management and leadership for any risk excellence projects and initiatives
• Supervise subordinate staff (including Associate 1, Associate 2, Senior Associate), professionally organize 1:1 meeting with team members in order to timely provide feedbacks and valuable suggestions based on their performance and individual strength.
• Facilitate staff training & development, adherence to the training framework and effective track the individual staff performance, award staffs with good performance at a timely manner.
• Managing the month to month overtime for the individual staffs to be in line with company policy
• Develop and build up a good relationship with the home site and other inter-departmental contacts to achieve business goals
• Manage client relationship (via Syd homesite) from both a strategic and day to day tactical perspective ensuring coherence between client requirements and SSAL service capabilities What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
.• A good knowledge of fund accounting operational concepts
• A good knowledge of AML/KYC requirements
• A good understanding of core registry processes Education & Preferred Qualifications:
• Degree qualified in English, Banking, Finance, Business, Accounting or related discipline; or relevant work experience in a similar role.
• Ideally 5 years work experience About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers