Business System Analyst, Senior Associate
State Street considers all disciplines when seeking candidates. Primary we are looking for a user/client facing role as Business System Analyst who desire to work within a collaborative, team-driven environment on business demand analysis and solution design with IT development team from brainstorming, prototyping, development, testing along to production.
This role requires solid financial knowledge, strong analytical and interpersonal skills, and good time management. This role is based in Hangzhou, China and will work with State Street client and business users from all regions. Why this role is important to us
The team you will joining is a BA group, part of State Street Global Technology Service (GTS), which is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver solution and insights to our clients. Together with many others roles within GTS, we offer technical solutions to support all business lines within State Street including client onboarding, data research and prototyping, new system build up, and ongoing production support and etc.
The prime objective of the Business System Analyst is served to bridge business with correlated IT development team, to understand business demand and ensure correct and consistent solution. It offers the extra opportunity for a wide view and insights of business workflow and operational model across different business lines within State Street, and good understanding how IT supports and promotes efficiency of needs of financial industry.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Business System Analyst you will
What we value
- Work with external client and internal business users to gather and understand user demands;
- Analyze and explore business workflow and possible business scenarios; review and evaluate existing business model and future process or solution;
- Accomplish BA relevant artifacts (e.g. functional specification, wireframe model/data mapping, user guide) to accurately capture user and system requirements;
- Identify, solve or escalate potential issues and risks during development life cycles;
- Collaborate with other roles/teams to deliver consistent and timely results with high quality;
- Establish and maintain strong network relationships with internal/external counterparties;
- Organize and drive meetings. Participate in agile development team as the Product Owner/Business Analyst role.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Fluent verbal & written English communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player; detail oriented and self-motivated to drive work to proceed with minimal supervision.
- Multiple tasking ability. good time organizational skills to manage project priorities.
- Enthusiasm in work with good self-learning ability.
- Knowledge of financial products. Good understanding of software development.
- Bachelor's degree or above
- Major in Financial or IT related, or both
Experience in any of below is highly desirable:
Additional requirements About State Street What we do.
- Experience of analyst role in software development, financial or data research industry.
- Passed CFA level 1 examination
- Good use of database tools, MS Office suit
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers