Business Controls, Senior Asscociate
Who we are looking for:
Assist APAC Sector Solutions team with the development, management, monitoring and reporting of all First Line of Defense (FLOD) Risk and Controls related activities and projects. And s upport CAO and Salesforce Manager with management/pipeline reporting for the team Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
What we value:
- Assist CAO for Sector Solutions APAC with the development, implementation and execution of controls, procedures and guidelines in support of Sector FLOD, Business Controls Management, Compliance Oversight Programme (COP) and Integrated Non-Financial Risk Assessment (INFRA)
- Partner closely with the Sector Solutions regional team, Sector Solutions Compliance, functional Compliance teams and the FLOD Office to ensure effective communication, ongoing collaboration, and strengthen the compliance culture and control environment
- Assist management in the development and maintenance of policies, procedures, and guidelines designed to facilitate compliance with laws and regulations
- Monitor and update associated monitoring tools, i.e., FLOD Tracking, Archer, ICAMS etc.
- Attend meetings with or on behalf of Sectors management relative to FLOD, Compliance, Salesforce, and other projects
- Support and assist management in managing the FLOD program in the region to ensure effective identification, measurement, control, management of the relevant regulatory risks, and oversight of Compliance issues
- Conduct FLOD assurance testing to identify and assess key controls and produce detailed reports ensuring all findings are clearly documented with supporting evidence.
- Maintain and distribute FLOD and compliance related management reporting
- Support CAO and Salesforce Manager with division management and pipeline reporting.
- Support review and development of efficient and meaningful pipeline and management reporting
- Cultivate and grow relationships with Sector Solutions team, internal departments and other support staff; expand professional network to enhance role assignments
- Manage ad hoc projects and duties as assigned (attendance of various working groups and FLOD initiatives)
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong oral and written English skills essential; ability to participate in evening calls is mandatory for this role
- Experience within the financial services industry; 1-3 years; compliance or risk preferred
- Experience in assurance and control environment preferred
- Basic knowledge of APAC based regulatory schemes
- Ability to identify potential issues and/or breaches of firm or corporate requirements
Enthusiasm to learn about the financial industry, Salesforce, risk and controls environment in a sales department, and the regulatory schemes that govern the underlying business lines Education & Preferred Qualifications:
About State Street What we do.
- Good analytical and interpretative skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good excel and power point skills
- Ability to prioritise work product required
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers