Business Controls, Senior Asscociate
Who we are looking for
Assist Hangzhou Business Risk Management team with the development, management, monitoring and reporting of all Business Risk Management related activities and projects. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
- Assist with the development, implementation and execution of controls, procedures and guidelines in support of Business FLOD, Business Risk Management, Compliance Oversight Programme (COP) and Integrated Non-Financial Risk Assessment (INFRA)
- Partner closely with the Business Risk Management regional teams, Global Delivery Business Risk Management teams, Compliance Team, Enterprise Risk Management Team and the FLOD Office to ensure effective communication, ongoing collaboration and strengthen the compliance culture and control environment
- Assist management in the development and maintenance of policies, procedures and guidelines designed to facilitate compliance with laws and regulations
- Monitor and update associated monitoring tools, i.e., Archer, ICAMS etc.
- Attend meetings with or on behalf of Business Risk Management relative to FLOD, Compliance, Risk and other projects
- Support and assist management in developing and managing the FLOD program in the region to ensure effective identification, measurement, control and management of the relevant regulatory risks.
- Support oversight of Compliance and Risk issues
- Support FLOD assurance testing to identify and assess key controls and produce detailed reports ensuring all findings are clearly documented with supporting evidence. Coordinate with other control groups to evaluate design and effectiveness.
- Assist with oversight of organizational on/off boarding, maintain employee lists
- Develop, maintain and distribute FLOD and compliance related management reporting for Business Risk and Compliance Committee and other required parties
- Cultivate and grow relationships with Business Risk Management team, internal departments and other support staff; expand professional network to enhance role assignments
Manage ad hoc projects and duties as assigned (attendance of various working groups and FLOD initiatives) What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Effective Communication - convey and receive messages clearly in both English and Chinese
- Manage Execution - deliver strong execution of work results through effective planning and prioritization
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - develop solutions and provide necessary guidance to ensure that effective decisions are reached
- Professional Agility/Flexibility - be adaptable and responsive to change
Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite of applications Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong oral and written English skills essential; ability to participate in evening calls is mandatory for this role
- Experience within the financial services industry; 1-3 years; compliance or risk preferred
- Experience in assurance and control environment preferred
- Basic knowledge of APAC based regulatory schemes
- Ability to identify potential issues and/or breaches of firm or corporate requirements
- Good analytical and interpretative skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good excel and power point skills
- Ability to prioritize work product required
Enthusiasm to learn about the financial industry, risk and controls environment in a sales department, and the regulatory schemes that govern the underlying business lines About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers