Business Continuity Planning Analyst, Officer
Who we are looking for
Hangzhou BRM team is seeking an individual to provide focus and hands-on support to effectively plan business continuity and recovery for each business units and corporate function across the legal entity. The candidate will be responsible to build, test, document, and improve continuity plans to support the continuation of critical systems and functions during a business interruption. The candidate will work closely with Business Operations, Corporate Support functions and IT teams to perform duties.
This role will liaise between senior business executives and functional areas including business operations, relationship management, finance, technology, and sales.
The candidate will have the opportunity to look for and implement ideas to streamline processes, lead short and long term improvement projects, develop response strategies, and follow up with issues related to testing or actual incidents.
Along with the day-to-day responsibilities, this candidate will play a significant role in responding to and handling a major incident (loss of systems, facilities, personnel, etc.) that has the potential to disrupt critical business in Hangzhou. The candidate will have a meaningful role engaging the appropriate business leads and subject-matter-experts during major incidents and conducting reviews with affected parties after the incident to craft an incident debrief. This position requires some interaction with senior levels. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Business Continuity Analyst, Officer, you will
What we value
- Key participant in business continuity planning efforts including plan maintenance, improvement initiatives, testing (relocation and systems failover coordination).
- Assist with continuity planning and ensure continuity readiness and compliance.
- Responsible for oversight and / or input of detailed data to corporate continuity planning system to ensure plans are maintained in line with Global Continuity Program.
- Communicate status including improvements, issues, and business challenges that could impact continuity planning with proposed solutions and time frames.
- Understand interdependencies across business processes, business functions, applications, and internal and external parties, including resolution of issues.
- Provide leadership and oversight for all BCP and DR testing and improve project plans as a result of issues resolved during and after recovery exercise or actual events.
- Execute assigned activities during an incident, contribute to and or lead the post incident debrief process within the business in conjunction with BCD.
- Commit to and support education and awareness training for business line.
- Stay current with industry standards by participating in training and conferences.
- Lead many short-term and long-term projects, assisting with tracking, analytics, discussions, and presentations.
- Concisely report project status updates to upper management.
- Participate in global initiatives which will require communication across various time zones and teams.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years business continuity experience with a deep understanding of general business continuity concepts or equivalent business knowledge.
- Extraordinary communication, analytical, and project management skills.
Additional requirements About State Street What we do.
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred.
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multitask and navigate challenging priorities while persuading the business units to actively engage.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills necessary to build and lead a team in development, improvement, and testing of continuity plans.
- Strong English language capability (spoken and written).
- Knowledge of financial and/or alternative investments a plus.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers