BI Reporting Developer, SRA
BI Reporting Developer, State Street Alpha, SRA
Amend text in RED, change to BLACK and paste into Job Description Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of a global, cross-divisional group supporting State Street AlphaSM.
State Street AlphaSM redefines the common definition of 'alpha' to mean powering better performance and outcomes at every point on the investment lifecycle and is the first open platform from a single provider that connects the front, middle and back office. It harmonizes data, technology and services across trusted providers to help our clients better manage their businesses.
Join us if making your mark in an ever-changing, increasingly complex and competitive industry is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As SRA you will
What we value
- Analyze business requirements and build or modify simple to complex reports/dashboards in State Street's proprietary report development platform.
- Analyze technical solutions to business requirements and application problems, work with the business/Dev teams to identify problems and manage their resolution.
- Develop data and functional requirements and assist in the creation of related estimates
- Participate in information delivery and business intelligence strategy sessions
- Complete data analysis, profiling, and data mappings.
- Interface with data experts, data sourcing resources and assist in the data validation process and write queries
- Assist in the development the conceptual/logical data models with appropriate business contexts
- Develop and deliver the report/dashboard based on BI platform
- Employ analytical, conceptual, and creative thinking skills to improve performance
- Study, evaluate, and document current and future technical processes while staying aligned with strategic goals
- Maintain effective working relationships with organizational team and clients
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Good oral and written communication skills for diverse audiences.
- Ability to analyze entity-relationship diagrams and logical data models to validate design against requirements
- Ability to write complex SQL code for strong data analysis through queries, data profiling, and data validation exercises
- Understand BI/reporting tool architecture, functions, and features, understand Information Builders or Tableau is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study
- 4+ years' experience in financial information technology industry
About State Street What we do.
- Familiarity with financial reporting, business intelligence, and data warehousing principles is a plus
- Experience on ESP/RKS/FDR/MCH is a plus
- Experience on any development language is a plus (understand Java/C#/python etc.)
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers