Artificial Intelligence Software Engnieer, Officer
Who we are looking for
The Senior AI Software Engineer -Officer will work with other AI agile team members through the phases of use-case data exploration and prototyping to the design, implementation and support deployment of the resulting AI solution. What you will be responsible for
What we value
- Design and develop low latency software programs and participate in IT solution design
- Perform unit test, performance and security related test and support QA/UAT bug fixes
- Modify and re-design AI models from AI scientist into high performing software with optimal time and space complexity in highly distributed computing environment
- Support NLP, computer vision models, and other back office models after production release
- Perform production build and release and responsible for ongoing maintenance and support
- Work with a team of software engineer, data scientist, financial modeler, and model validation/QA engineer under agile methodology
- Collaborate with IT engineers from other domestic and international organizations
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualification
- Low frequency programming in trading space and GPU/FPGA programming experience
- Prior working experience in AI/Machine learning team
- Linux / Bash scripting, structured and unstructured data management tools (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, KDB+, Hadoop, etc.)
- Basic understanding of financial markets, instruments, and reference data
- Good English reading, speaking and writing skill
Why this role is important to us
- Master degree in computer science , electrical engineering, mathematics or in relevant fields
- Rich hands-on software engineering experience for enterprise level systems and proven track of delivering enterprise applications
- Solid background in data structure, algorithm and kernel of operating system s
- 3 + years of modern, object-oriented or script programming like Python, C++, Java, Shell
- 1+ years of experience in micro service architecture and implementation based on main-stream technologies such as Spring Cloud, gRPC/thrift, Kubernetes, Docker and etc.
- Familiar with distributed technologies including caching, message queue and NIO
- Comfortable with GitHub, continuous integration and deployment tools & agile methodology
- Result driven, detail oriented, candid attitude, motivated to learn new things
State Street's Automation and Artificial Intelligence is a strategic global team. It is formed under direction of management committee of the company. It has the mission to explore, enable and exploit artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision and cognitive computing at scale for countless use cases across Global Delivery, Global Advisors, Global Markets, and Global Exchange business lines. The team has a mixed of intelligence technology, quantitative modeling, data science, financial engineering, and software engineering capabilities. The team has built solutions for investment and risk management related domains such as market movement, sentiment analysis, valuation, investment strategy, fund innovation as well as operational and client experience related use cases. This team will engage the business to explore, prototype, and solution use cases while also building out a portfolio of foundational micro services in the State Street's hybrid cloud. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers