Application Developer, SRA
Job Description Who we are looking for
ETX - Electronic Trading Exchange system is one of the critical components for the overall FX trading flow. The system is in general built with our internal low-latency scaling architecture. The team you will be joining play an important role that make the whole business trading life cycle work. We are looking for a developer with high potential and deep understanding in Java and related development framework, willing to learn and adapt new technologies, with highly interest in financial business and FX trading, willing to work with multiple teams and stakeholders global-wide. What you will be responsible for
As an Application Developer you will
What we value
- be closely working with other senior developers, architect, product owner, business users, traders, sales and engaging into technical improvement projects.
- Work on the business delivery projects
- Build and implement application running environment, and developing low-latency performance testing environment.
- Work on integration with external banking services via FIX, TOF or other Financial exchanging protocols.
- Run integration/conformance tests with external financial institutes.
- Be proactively support the production environment, detect live issue, and resolve them in a certain short window.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in large scale software development.
- Experience in messaging frameworks, such as JMS, MQ, Kafka, etc.
- Experience working on low-latency system, and have the ability to identify performance issue
- Experience working within a financial institution, preferably within Front Office or Middle Office IT, with exposure to the business.
- Experience in common financial exchanging protocols, such as FIX, TOF.
- strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Willing to work with multi geographic teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in using SQL, Linux server
- Experience in Development and build tools (GIT / Subversion / Nexus / Maven etc)
- Willing to learn and adapt to new things/technologies
- Willing to work with multi geographic teams
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
Knowledge on FX trading flow, understand basic financial words. Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers