Who we are looking for
We are looking for a senior developer who has 3+ years' experience in java and Spring framework development, and experience in SQL programing and database performance tuning, and experience of linux/unix server operations. It is even better if the candidate have experience in bigdata. The candidate would work closely with other developers, SQA and onsite colleagues to build a data producer for the new alpha data platform. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of the Alpha Data Services platform. The new data platform supports State Street's transformation to a Technology Bank. The goals for the Data Services platform including:
Address legacy STT data applications
Provide operational scale and reduce server costs
Establish agile infrastructure that adapts to change
Deliver a data platform to support our digital transformation
Align all business lines to Alpha via data What you will be responsible for
As Application Developer you will
What we value
- Understand business requirements and translate into application features
- Deliver code with high quality within deadlines
- Perform unit and integration testing
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Join meeting with US/India team members to update status in English
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision making
- Experience working in a multi-location team
About State Street What we do.
- BS/MA in computer science or relevant field
- Excellent English communication skills
- 3+ year development experience with Java / Spring
- Familiar with oracle database/no-sql database
- Agile development experience
- App server experience on Apache & Tomcat
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills
- Cloud / Kafka / IBM MQ / Micro Service development experience is a plus
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers