Purpose of your role Our global reach means that you will be working across different time zones and in various financial markets across regions. On this role you will provide all round research support to equity analysts or PMs in the selected region, including on initiations and on-going coverage, company and industry analysis, financial modelling, valuations, sector/country updates, and other custom research work. All our Investment Specialists receive intensive two-month training on essential investment research topics such as financial accounting analysis, modelling and industry research.
- Provide all round research service to equity analysts and PM across the Asia-Pac region, including on initiations and on-going coverage
- Prepare detailed financial models (including valuations), industry studies and company notes
- Provide quality data and analysis to make the research process more efficient and robust
- Keep abreast of important trends and developments in the relevant sectors/geographies
- Provide need-based analysis on unassigned stocks
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and within the team
- Make regular presentations to the team on relevant topics/areas of expertise. Train junior team members
Experience and Qualifications Required
- 5+ years of investment research experience
- Good communication skill and people skill
- Financial Skills - Good understanding of financial statements; Proficient financial modelling skill and valuation skill
- Analytical / Problem solving skills, with a logical thought process - to sort, analyse and creatively interpret large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Knowledge of a sector / geography - key drivers, dynamics, trends and indicators
- Database skills – Proficiency in Bloomberg, Wind and others financial database
- Business proficiency in English(read/speak/write) and Mandarin