Manager, Business Banking Product & Segment
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Scope of Role
The Role Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and manage a range of products including Lending and Deposits so as to maximize underlying economic profits and attain consistent growth in market share;
- Carry out strategic business goals as set by Head of BB China and to work closely with all sales channels, product partners, external business partners and in-house colleagues so as to maximize resources and opportunities for BB Clients;
- Develop cross product solutions according to CVP
- In-country deployment of global value proposition and its enablers ensuring CVP is operationalized
- Implement and enhance BB clients acquisition programs.
- Activate sources of leads to achieve business targets (MGM, digital, marketing campaigns, ecosystem, work with CP team)
- Ensure frontline is supported with adequate marketing tools, pitch-books
- Manage various referrals program
- Conduct sales training on product and market
- Execute the globally-designed programs and projects
- Identifying and managing compliance and process risks
Our Ideal Candidate
- Provide timely support in the design and development activities relating to new products and to re-engineer existing products so as to facilitate sales channels' business acquisition and retention activities as well as managing the transfer of existing products to new channels/ markets;
- Quick, high standards, fact-based decision process for making risk/ reward tradeoffs;
- A well thought-through, creative approach to using new channels and new technology to satisfy frontline and customers, improve competitive advantage and improve performance;
- Ensure that Business Banking Lending Products operate within approved PPG/ PDD standards;
- Be responsible for the end-to-end strategic development of the full range of business clients portfolio. Function-wise speaking, this will involve concept initiation, target segments identification, competitive and gap analysis, pricing strategies establishment, financial analysis as well as pre-and post launch analysis;
- To liaise with various departments and channels to ensure that processes are integrated across the business and adopted properly. To prepare and train functional workgroups to ensure that they are competent with the business process flows, placing focus on quality customer service, control and cost discipline;
- To engage and collaborate with Risk functions on the drafting, review and implementation of Credit Approval Documentations, credit policies and credit guidelines;
- To ensure timely delivery of product initiatives devised by Group or local business and planned targets are met;
- To establish product guidelines, pricing policies for guidance to frontlines;
- To support the establishment of new delivery channels. This may involve research on third party providers, establishment of vendor/ third party relationships, developing processes to provide third party agents with necessary materials to deliver specified services;
- To co-work with Marketing Team and CP Team on the detailed development of alliance programmers, marketing campaigns, customer communications and events to support the presentation of new and enhanced all products to market;
- To devise and carry out mechanisms in conducting competitive tracking so that the profitability of our products are regularly compared with similar products offered by external competitors. These data need be interpreted and analyzed promptly to help making prudent product decisions;
- To negotiate, coordinate and resolve any problems/ disputes raised by counterparties within the Bank and thus attaining effective channel delivery of all products;
- To support the establishment of new delivery channels which may involve research on third party providers, establishment of vendor/ third party relationships, developing processes to provide third party agents with necessary materials to deliver specified services.
- To set time-bound, measurable and attainable targets for each team member whilst striving to build good team spirit through performance recognition, two-way communications and recurring job coaching;
- Compliance/ Legal/ Money Laundering Prevention: To ensure compliance with Group Policies and Standards, local laws and regulations as well as all controls and procedures laid down by the Bank;
- University degree above (finance/business/marketing related major)
- 4 years above experience on banking industry (product/Segment/Marketing role preferred)
- Knowledge of product design and implementation
- Good communication & presentation skills
- Good Oral / Writing capability in English
- Passionate and open minded
- Strategic thinking
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .