- Chengdu, Sichuan Sheng, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank China
- 12 Feb 18
- Location: Chengdu, Sichuan Sheng, China
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Support the Head of Human Resources, Regions, China to implement and communicate the Group's people strategy, priorities and objectives in a local context to West regional governance team and staff in West region
· Support the Head of Human Resources, Regions, China to implement and communicate the Group's people strategy, priorities and objectives in a local context to West regional governance team and staff in West region
· Support the Head of Human Resources, Regions, China to develop effective country plan that supports operational resiliency and the delivery of the consolidated country strategy, including people, premises, technology and behaviours, and lead West region HR team to implement effectively.
· Recommend HR policies and procedures to enable the regional governance team to deliver its business strategy in alignment with Group HR policies
· Contribute to the delivery of the business agenda in West region by appropriate alignment with the business as agreed in the country business plan to maximize and protect franchise value and resolve people related issues
· Support West region governance team (RGM, CGM and Business Heads in regions) in all HR areas related to resourcing, succession and career planning, change management, P3, organizational transformation, talent management and employee engagement, etc.
People and Talent
· Support Head of Human Resources, Regions, China to act as a role model of the Group's values and culture in West Region
· Work with West Region Governance Team to ensure that there is a high quality succession pipeline for all key roles, i.e. CGMs, DCGMs, and SBMs.
· Support West Regional Governance Team to identify and address development requirements and performance of regional critical roles (city MANCO and SBMs)
· Provide support and advice to the management in RGM, CGM, DCGM appointments and movements for West.
· Lead and support West regional critical roles P3 review
· Support RCEO on all governance line staff P3 review
· Support Head of Human Resources, Regions, China to implement Group's approach to employee engagement, and to improve and drive engagement in West
· Provide leadership, management and coaching to the West HR team to ensure they are highly engaged and performing to their potential, including identification and development of talent in function
· Support Head of Human Resources, Regions, China to monitor people risk in West, to insure all employee related policies, procedures and practices comply with both internal and external regulatory requirements as well as reflecting Group directions
· As HR representative in the region, to attend Regional Governance Meeting,city MANCO and MANCO OR session , and to work closely with regional governance team to monitor all people related risks, such as Job Rotation, staff mandatory e-learning, branch staff attrition, block leave, as well as staff DP cases and managerial accountability review, etc., to ensure robust control on them
· Support Head of Human Resources, Regions, China and lead West HR team working as HR focal in the region to receive internal/external audit/inspections, to coordinate with relevant COE or BP teams and provide timely responses as required
· To support Head of Human Resources, Regions, China to embed the Group's values and code of conduct in West HR team, to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processed and regulations
· Support Head of Human Resources, Regions, China to embed "Here for Good" and the Group code of conduct in country to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processed and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
· As a member of regional governance team and city MANCO, to work closely with RGM, CGM and all business heads in the region to ensure robust control on staff culture and conduct
Regulatory & Business conduct
· Support Head of Human Resources, Regions, China to embed the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, in regions. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
· Lead West HR team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment, Fair Accountability for employees and supervisors]
· Keep close partnership with all internal stakeholders, to secure smooth implementation on all people agenda in the region
· Develop network with peer bank HRs and relevant regulators, to maintain smooth communication and collect market information
· RGMs, CGMs, DCGMs and Regional Business Heads / team leaders in West Region
· Branch MANCO Members in West Region
· West Region HR Team
· HR COE team members and other Biz HRBPs
· Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.