- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
Vice President - Strategy & Business Management
Location: Beijing, Beijing Shi, ChinaVP of Strategy & Business Management will be responsible for the formulation and implementation of Moody's strategy in China domestic market including but not limited to sales & marketing, product development and partnerships/ acquisitions.
You will be part of a high performing team critical to identifying client demand, and determine appropriate service offering, by leveraging existing solutions across Moody's line of businesses and building new product capabilities organically or through potential acquisition & partnerships. You will also complement the sales & marketing efforts to enhance branding in China, and drive top/key prospects to meet financial goals.
The Role / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development, communication and implementation of strategic growth strategies and processes
- Lead the evaluation of potential investments, joint ventures, partnership opportunities and strategic alliances in the China market.
- Lead the development of client outreach plans in China and direct and monitor the sales and marketing effort in order to achieve business objectives.
- Lead the business analysis effort to provide market and analytical support for developing new business opportunities, new product offerings and various strategic projects.
- Represent the firm with clients, investors, and business partners when required.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external.
- Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Provide significant support and oversight role for wide range of strategic and ad hoc research projects and deliverables. e.g., competitive landscape, strategic initiatives, buy versus build analyses, internal finance & accounting deliverables, Corporate Strategic Plan, Senior Management Onsite, etc.
- Strong analytical and business skills and an ability to set direction, communicate effectively to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Conceptual/ Innovative thinking to set direction and vision for the company and for acquisitions.
- Familiarity of the key characteristics and dynamics of China's credit and capital market, familiar with credit ratings and credit risk solution products.
- Must have strong business knowledge and experience with the ability to provide analysis of financial position and forecasts, develop and implement strategic plans within context of the larger picture.
- Ability to design and deliver an agile organizational structure that enables the movement of people and resources quickly to capture new market opportunities.
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate effectively across all levels with Research, Sales, and Project Management, as well as with external experts.
- Demonstrated ability to track multiple programs concurrently and to report progress in an executive level dashboard to senior management.
- Self-learner with great capability to work independently and as a team player in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Equipped the ability and judgment to work with confidential material.
- Ability to drive improvement initiatives.
- Interest in emerging technologies.
Academic Qualifications/ Work Experience:
- Minimum of Undergraduate/ First Level degree (or equivalent), MBA preferred.
- At least 15 years of experience in the financial services industry with exposure in strategy, sales & marketing and operations, including relevant experience within a credit ration agency (CRA) or similar financial institution.
- Fluent in English and Chinese Mandarin
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.