Sr. Data Researcher-1 Year Contractor
JobDescription : The Role:
Data Content Management teams deliver and maintain accurate, complete and timely data sets while taking into account the business units global interests and needs internally & externally. Data Content teams develop very close relationships with their constituencies, in-order to execute on their data requirements.
As a Data Researcher you will support the rating process through the collection of company financials for corporate and financial institutions (FI) in the East Asia region particularly local companies that report predominantly in Chinese language. The work involves data collection, update and basic analytical adjustments in S&P Global systems and requires sound understanding of Corporate & Financial Institutions accounts and financial statements with this knowledge being used to ensure data is correctly mapped from the reports into the analytical systems. The role will also be responsible for working with the Data Quality Management (DQM) team to integrate the Beijing operations into the existing DQM processes and ensuring quality standards are maintained. The Impact:
As a Data Researcher, you will be responsible for sourcing of financial statements and company reports from a variety of sources, entering the data from the reports to the in-house applications and performing pre-defined analytical adjustments on the data entered into the analytical systems. The Team / The Business:
The position resides within the Data Office (DO) group as part of the Financial Data Management (FDM) function. As a member of the FDM team, you will work closely with team members in the Beijing, Melbourne, London and Mumbai offices. Our Hiring Manager says:
You will play a key in supporting the Data need of the Asian analytical team (approximately 50 analysts) that includes analysts in Hong Kong, Beijing and Singapore covering Asian and ASEAN countries. Support will be provided in conjunction with the existing operations in Mumbai. This is a business facing role that requires operating and communicating effectively in both Chinese and English language as required. Ensuring communications between the FDM in Mumbai and the analytical teams in the region is effective and clear is an important part of the role. The need to get up-to-speed and understand a wide array of different types of financial statements and information means the scope of this role is relatively broad compared to a more specific area of specialization.
Working with remote teams and managers within the FDM regional and global structure will mean the position needs to be filled by someone who is highly reliable and disciplined, self-managing and prepared to be flexible in work approach and timing to be an effective part of a virtual team. Responsibilities:
- Sourcing of financial statements and company reports from a variety of sources including web-sites, directly from the company and from the analytical team.
- Identification and mapping of data elements from financial statements to the in-house software tools. Entering the data from the reports to the correct location in the template.
- Performing pre-defined analytical adjustments on the data entered into the analytical systems.
- Working with the Data Quality team to initially establish DQ processes for the Beijing operations and maintaining the processes.
- Liaising with members of the analytical team, the Mumbai based financial data team and other teams in Hong Kong , Singapore and London regarding data sourcing, interpretation and adjustment related issues
- Performing ad-hoc data related analytical support activities as requested by analysts. This may include information research, model data input etc.
- Writing monthly activity reports to provide information on the key aspects of the Beijing FDM operations.
- Attend training and conference calls with FDM staff in Mumbai, London and other Asia-Pacific locations.
- Root cause analysis for Data Quality reporting - investigating errors and discrepancies and developing preventative action strategies.
About S&P Global Ratings
- 0 - 2 years of experience.
- Speaks and understands English well.
- Basic Microsoft Office (Excel) skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely present data, conclusions, and recommendations
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team with professionals from different disciplines and at all levels
- Display a high level of analytical abilities and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate a flexible, adaptable and willing work approach
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.