- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Feb 18
Solutions Specialist (Pre sales / Asset Liability Management)
Location: Beijing, Beijing Shi, ChinaThe Role / Responsibilities:
The Moody's Analytics sales team is organized to grow sales from the product offerings available in our product suite, which includes products and services of the Moody's Analytics organizations. To that end, Solutions Specialists are charged with the pre-sales activities for their respective territories and product. They support the sales process by qualifying prospects identified by sales, and managing sales cycles with sales in charge with prospects account to closure. In addition, Solution Specialists work closely with Product Strategy and other groups to create value for our clients through improved product quality and new product development. Typical activities breakdown is provided below:
- Answering to functional and technical queries of RFIs and RFPs
- Assisting Sales teams in responding to sales related queries
- Generating pre-sales support documents
- Performing presentations and demonstrations of the software solutions to prospects and clients
- Build and maintain use cases and demonstration setups of specific software modules
- Preparing and conducting product workshops and/or proof of concepts on clients/prospect sites
- Working closely with product management and marketing team
- Assist sales agents, distributors and partners during the sales process.
The candidate is expected to leverage on his/her expertise and knowledge above to help grow our company's software and advisory solution in the area of Asset Liability Management, Liquidity Risk Management, Fund Transfer Pricing and Basel compliance solution. Knowledge of Economic Capital, Capital Management and IAS-39/IFRS-9 will be beneficial.
This role is expected to be supporting the pre-sales activity for Greater China and ad-hoc support for other regions in APAC as required.
The ideal candidate for this position is one who has several years of experience in the area of Asset-Liability Management (ALM) coupled with a strong understanding of enterprise database and business intelligence design and implementation concepts. This candidate should be software system savvy and is comfortable to learn and develop business intelligence applications leveraging on our risk management software for demo purpose if required.
The candidate should have experience working in bank(s) in a role closely related to ALM or as a consultant to banks in this domain. The candidate should carry in-depth knowledge and expertise in ALM with familiarity of relevant methodologies and regulations in Greater China and internationally and have hands-on experience working on related regulatory reports, stress testing analytics and behavioral models.
In addition to the expertise in ALM, the candidate should have experience and keen interest in Basel compliance spanning across Credit, Market, Operational and Liquidity Risk calculation and reporting. The candidate must be perfectly comfortable working hands-on with software and be ready to conduct a proof-of-concept with the assigned software individually or in a team.
- Degree in IT, Engineering, Science or Mathematics with at least 3-4 years relevant experience in a Banking environment with either Banks, software house, consulting firms or integrators with preferably presales experience of 2 or more years
- Functional skills in Finance and Financial Risk Management
- Expertise in Asset Liability Management, Liquidity Risk and FTP
- Domain knowledge in Basel III with expertise in order of LCR/NSFR, Credit Risk and Market Risk.
- Familiarity with Oracle database and J2EE technology with ability to program in PL/SQL.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools such as QlikView, Oracle BI, etc.
- Highly organized with excellent presentation skills and sales consulting knowledge
- A good team player and enjoy interacting with people of all levels in a multicultural environment
- Excellent command of spoken and written Chinese and English.
- Must be prepared to travel extensively in China / HK.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.