Senior Web Specialist
- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 20 Oct 18
Senior Web Specialist
The Role: Senior Web Specialist
The Location: Beijing
What's in it for you: S&P Dow Jones Indices is seeking a Senior Web Specialist to support its public and client-facing websites. The Senior Web Specialist is responsible for posting content and files to our sites using designated content management systems, and for managing projects related to content organization, display, maintenance and quality assurance.
Ongoing Content Management
- Add/remove pages, including product (index), event and article pages
- Post and tag content and documents
- Perform QA testing and maintenance
- Maintain metadata to optimize search engine results
- Respond to ad hoc internal requests to add, remove and retag content and to update/edit copy
- Track task status using JIRA project management tool
- Add new index pages and tag indices to navigational/search tool categories
- Post and tag related content and documents
- Participate in weekly status meetings and coordinate with internal teams to obtain site requirements and content
- Secure final approvals prior to publication
Web Analytics Review
- Monitor & identify activity trends for the Asia-Pacific language sites to enable SMEs to expand their marketing strategies and maximize viewership
New Site Set-Up
- Propagate content associated with new microsites/local language sites
- Provide input on new sites' CMS configuration
- Coordinate with IT team on development of new CMS assets and structures
Bimonthly Website Releases
- Assist with the gathering and building of requirements for website enhancements
- Test enhancements/fixes
- Post-release, upload/tag content associated with new pages or features; create new pages and sites as needed
Site Maintenance/Quality Assurance
- Maintain documentation regarding internal CMS processes
- Run periodic reports & processes to review/retire site content and to identify missing assets
- Identify and communicate needs for updates and enhancements to CMS platform
- Resolve issues with CMS assets as needed, working with technical support
- Proactively recommend adjustments to workflows/business processes to improve quality and/or efficiency
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience directly managing content using CMS systems. Experience with dotCMS and/or Crownpeak preferred.
- Must be fluent in English and Simplified Chinese. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in Japanese, Korean and Traditional Chinese.
- Basic HTML knowledge required. Advanced HTML preferred.
- Knowledge of HP PPM and/or JIRA a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong project-management and written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding critical thinking/problem-solving skills
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience in the financial services industry (investment management, brokerage, or related) preferred
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.