Senior Strategy and Policy Officer-Connectivity
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 103 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB's Strategy, Policy and Budget (SPB) Department is responsible for: (i) developing and monitoring the implementation of the Bank's strategic agenda; (ii) developing and overseeing compliance with the Bank's operational policies and procedures for the Bank's infrastructure investment portfolio (non-treasury), including environmental, social, procurement and financial management; (iii) developing the Bank's partnerships and promoting regional cooperation; and (iv) developing and monitoring the Bank's annual business plan to implement the Bank's strategies and manage the Bank's administrative budget to support the implementation of the annual business plan.
Within SPB, the Senior Strategy and Policy Officer-Connectivity will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the Bank's strategic agenda on connectivity which includes the Corporate Strategy ambition on cross-border connectivity and regional cooperation, as well as the Transport Sector Strategy, among other related work.
- Coordinate and support the implementation of the Bank's thematic priority on connectivity, especially on the ways to achieve the cross-border connectivity and regional cooperation target, as set out in the Bank's Corporate Strategy, in connection with relevant sector strategies, including the Transport Sector Strategy.
- Oversee the alignment of the Transport Sector Strategy and Corporate Strategy in the context of AIIB's connectivity agenda to ensure they meet AIIB Member needs and AIIB's objectives and business model, and in this regard, lead the coordination on relevant corporate monitoring and reporting.
- Support upstream business development by identifying priority investment opportunities and developing the Bank's knowledge and work closely with investment operations departments to build business lines in connectivity at large, and cross-border connectivity specifically,
- Coordinate the development of relevant partnerships and engagement in international dialogues, allowing AIIB to access knowledge, develop upstream business and investment opportunities, and promote its external image and branding.
- Identify and develop innovative solutions to fully maximize AIIB's financing and impact potential. This includes initiatives ranging from near-term solutions, such as developing financing and structuring solutions in fostering regional cooperation, to long-term efforts such as a multi-country connectivity program by partnering with other key stakeholders.
- Support AIIB's results framework and quality assurance from a sectoral perspective by screening and reviewing project proposals for AIIB financing and supporting the work of the Screening and Investment Committees.
- Support the annual business planning, and performing ad hoc strategy and policy-related tasks. These responsibilities will be refined according to work needs and the Officer's skillset, as the Bank grows and its business evolves.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in the connectivity/transport sector, including a minimum of 5 years with relevant policy and strategy development role, quality assurance, or performance management.
- Proven experience of identifying, developing or implementing connectivity projects either in transport or other related sectors.
- Proven experience of working in a regional or multi-country context.
- Additional experience at an international organization and/or infrastructure development would be valued.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Solid understanding of economics, with broad knowledge and familiarity with issues in development finance (knowledge of and experience in the infrastructure sector is an advantage).
- Strong organizational skills and proven track record of results.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English.
- A Master's degree in a transport-related field, public policy, economics, business, finance or equivalent from a reputable university.
The successful candidate will have to:
- Understand the policymaking process and be adept at identifying, assessing and managing dialogues on policy issues with governments, clients and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a solid track record in delivering development projects (preferably in infrastructure) and an ability to improve quality and results.
- Develop innovative solutions.
- Collaborate seamlessly across boundaries.
- Work effectively in a multicultural organization.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB's mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES