Senior Specialist, Business Development (VP /Beijing)
- Independently manages a portfolio of existing clients or prospects, focusing on client satisfaction, relationship building and responsible business growth that is compliant, of acceptable risk and profitable.
- Serves in a consultative role to clients and prospects, advising leadership on the best way to achieve their short- and long- term strategic objectives through the firms solutions.
- Assists small to moderately-sized clients/prospects of limited complexity with standard product needs.
- May assist a more senior Business Development colleague on large or complex accounts to gain breadth/depth of knowledge.
- May also pursue advantageous strategic partnerships with third parties in order to better respond to client/prospects needs.
- May be responsible for executing trades in certain businesses.
- Performs in-depth industry research and maintains an understanding of the market environment, including short- and long-term trends, competitor offerings, regulatory developments etc. in order to achieve account growth or new accounts.
- Generates leads from within existing client accounts or as a results of industry research, prospecting. For some business units, leads may originate from direct inquiries from prospects. Client/prospect contacts could be advisors/individuals or institutional leaders.
- Consults with clients/prospects on their strategic vision and applies an understanding of the firms solutions and value proposition to help them achieve that vision.
- Within standards/limits established by BD leaders, develops a negotiation strategy and position to align client/prospect needs to firm offerings.
- Closes new prospects or new client arrangements by structuring deals (pricing, contract terms, etc.) that achieve optimal terms for both the client and the firm within assigned parameters.
- Ensures deals and related activities are compliant with all regulations.
- Follows up with firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to gather needed information required to finalize a proposal/deal.
- Work closely with related teams (RMs, AMs, CSD) and other firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure all risk management/compliance activities relevant to business development, relationship management, and/or account management activities are conducted and captured.
- Tracks and reports on business development, relationship management, and/or account management results for assigned area (geographic, business/industry category, product category, etc.)
- Provides guidance to less experienced business development, relationship management, and/or account management roles as needed.
- Responsible for business development, relationship management, and/or account management within assigned area (geographic territory, product category, business/industry category/segment, etc.).
- Typically pursues small to moderately-sized prospects with limited complexity.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Primary Location:
- Bachelor degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred.
- Financial Services experience with a particular client type or product preferred as is prior experience in a related customer-facing role, Sales Support, Global Capital Markets or Product Management
- A good understanding of the relevant marketplace, competitive landscape and industry drivers in the relevant region is preferred.
- As global firm, bi-lingual capabilities (English and Mandarin) are helpful as is an understanding of local/cultural nuances important for client trust.
Sales/Marketing Internal Jobcode:
Depositary Receipts-HR06321 Requisition Number: