Senior Procurement Policy Specialist
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was created to help foster social and economic development, create wealth and improve infrastructure connectivity in Asia by investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors. As a new addition to the global multilateral development bank (MDB) family, AIIB works closely with other multilateral and bilateral institutions as well as the private sector to improve infrastructure by promoting regional cooperation and partnerships. AIIB has 103 members, including 20 prospective members, and has an authorized capital of USD100 billion, of which USD20 billion is paid in. AIIB is a triple A-rated institution.
The Strategy, Policy and Budget (SPB) Department is responsible for (i) developing and monitoring the implementation of AIIB's strategic agenda as set out in its Corporate Strategy and other strategies; (ii) developing and overseeing the implementation of the operational policies and procedures for AIIB's infrastructure investment portfolio (non-treasury) including their compliance with environmental, social, procurement and financial management requirements; (iii) developing and overseeing implementation of relevant policies and procedures related to the Bank's special funds resources and monitoring the Special Operations; and (iv) developing the annual business plan to implement AIIB's strategies and manage the Bank's administrative budget to support the implementation of the annual business plan.
The primary responsibilities of Senior Procurement Policy Specialist are to develop or refine and oversee the Bank's operational procurement policies, associated directives and administrative guidance, ensuring that their application by recipients of Bank financing is consistent, efficient, fair and transparent, and that procurement under the Bank's projects is conducted on a fit-for-purpose and value-for-money basis. Responsibilities also include providing technical guidance and expertise to both recipients and Bank staff in order to help facilitate successful project delivery.
- Develop and refine the Bank's Procurement Policy Framework as well as appropriate directives, guidance and other necessary documents including standard tender documents;
- Undertake review and fiduciary oversight of project documents for investment operations and provide policy assurance to the Vice President for Policy and Strategy;
- Provide policy guidance to the Bank's investment operations including the procurement specialists in the Bank's operation services department;
- Develop and deliver operational procurement training to Bank staff and recipients of Bank financing;
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Bank's new IT-based operational procurement tracking portal;
- Provide secretariat support for the Bank's Procurement Committee;
- Provide guidance and support to Bank staff on cases of misprocurement and procurement-related complaints;
- Liaise with procurement counterparts in other multilateral development banks (MDBs) on cofinancing and policy harmonization issues;
- Provide procurement opportunity briefings to Bank members, firms and consultants as required;
- Assist with the identification and recruitment of suitable staff and consultants to undertake the role of procurement specialists in SPB.
- Minimum 10 years relevant procurement experience for MDB-financed infrastructure projects, and substantial procurement experience for private sector operations;
- Sound knowledge and significant experience of international best practice in infrastructure tendering and contracting strategies;
- Professional knowledge of public procurement legislations and international/national procurement policies and procedures;
- Substantial experience working with MDBs and/or other international/bilateral aid agencies on procurement policies and procedures;
- Can conduct project procurement risk assessments and provide recommendations of risk mitigation measures on both policy and regulatory compliance and the recipient's proposed project delivery strategy;
- Significant experience with IT-based procurement monitoring and data management systems;
- Strong communication, analytical, project management and problem-solving skills;
- Can work well with a team;
- Good oral and written communication skills in English;
- Master's degree or equivalent in engineering, public procurement, or related fields from a reputable university; professional Procurement Certification (e.g. CPSM, CIPS) preferred; and
- Ability to forge partnerships with recipients, cofinanciers and other stakeholders.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB's mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.